PM'd you my email, glad to help.

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
    PM'd you my email, glad to help.
    I've emailed you a couple of times, and have just sent a version of FSUIPC4 with some extra AI logging.

The good news is that FSUIPC4 is seeing the injected aircraft. I need now to know if TrafficLook shows them. If it does then I will need to talk to Enrico about why the TCAS gauge doesn't also see them. If not, then the extra logging in the interim update I've sent you may tell me why.

I could also do with an example (in the log) of an injected aircraft on the ground, if you could find one at an airport somewhere?

Thanks & Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

HI Pete, i sent a couple of screen shots and logs yesterday, my mails dont seem to be getting through ( problem my end) as soon as i sort this problem out ill get you logs.

Mark.

300+ Forum Addict

HI Pete, i sent a couple of screen shots and logs yesterday, my mails dont seem to be getting through ( problem my end) as soon as i sort this problem out ill get you logs.
    Got some stuff from you this morning. Rather difficult to tie things together, but it certainly looks like TrafficLook is picking the injected aircraft up, and they are appearing in the Log with all the right data (except the "on ground" flag and the the ATC state, which is always "init" -- unsurprisingly since FSX's ATC isn't in control).

You say " the interesting thing is if i change the range for PM's PFD to Maximum it seems to display tcas traffic.". What about when you have a mixture of AI and injected traffic, as in many of the examples you've shown me? Does it not show all of the normal AI traffic anyway?

If it never shows any traffic, AI or injected, then it is obviously some setting or bug in the PM TCAS on your system.

As far as I can see everything my end is working. Certainly PM should have no trouble with the "init" state (in FS2000 there were no "states" provided in any case, and PM TCAS was written back then), nor should it bother it that the "on ground flag" is never set -- it may simply display ground traffic when it shouldn't.

I'll do two minor changes in any case:

1) When a plane is more than 100' about the ground in state "init" set it to "enroute".

2) When a plane in init state is less than 100' from the ground, set the "on ground" flag.

As i said, I don't think this will help PM, but you can try it again then in any case. I'll post the update in my Forum, in the FSX downloads announcement, later today or possibly tomorrow.

Meanwhile, please check your TCAS parameters in PM (there are settings for how far above and below your aircraft you detect them, as well as how often it looks as well as range, I think). Once you are sure you *should* see them, please let me know if your TCAS is seeing normal AI traffic when it isn't seeing injected traffic (with the same criteria). If this is the case the I wil need to know from Enrico what it he could possible be checking to differentiate between them, as I really can't see anything different. He certainly shouldn't be using the departure/destination airport fields for this, but if he is I need to know how to fiddle it to make it work.

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

HI Peter, TCAS works all OK on AI traffic, its just the MP injected traffic that does not display in any way, ground or airborne.

INI files for PM,

TCASRange= 40
    TCASAltRange= 0
    TCASTimeout= 30
    TCASAlertAltDiff= 300
    TCASAlertNM= 3
    TCASAlertSound=On
    TCASWarnNM= 5
    TCASWarnSound=On
    TCASFontFactor= 1
    TCASNoCallSign=Off
    TCASOnOffOnly=On

Thanks Mark

300+ Forum Addict

HI Peter, TCAS works all OK on AI traffic, its just the MP injected traffic that does not display in any way, ground or airborne.
    I've "fiddled" some of the zero values (GS, VS) supplied for the injected aircraft and sent another test version of FSUIPC4. Please try that, and show me the logs again, even if it appears to work now (Enrico says that the GS must be non-zero for the aircraft to show).

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Pete, as soon as i get it i will give it a test.

Mark.

300+ Forum Addict

Thanks Pete, as soon as i get it i will give it a test.

Mark.
    I sent an "!imporved" V/S version last night (4.086), but during my sleep I think I have worked out what is going on with GS and VS and what the solution has to be.

I think the program which is injecting the traffic has a difficult job to do. It can't inject the aircraft and left FS fly them, as they wouldn't necessarily follow the correct paths then, and the 'corrections' which would have to be applied, positionally, at intervals would look bad. Not only that, but having FS fly them would impose an unnecessary performance overhead when accurate and frequent updating is only useful (for most purposes anyway) when the aircraft are within visual range of the user.

So, I think it is creating the aircraft as static (slew mode) objects, then just re-positioning them now and then -- very often for near objects, and less often for those further away (especially > 10nm).

When I read the GS and VS, therefore, they will almost always be zero -- the nearer aircraft may sometimes be caught in the act of being moved and in those cases I may get a reading, but that isn't real, and in the case of AirSpeed may just be a headwind reading in any case.

If this is indeed what is happening then the only longer term answer is for FSUIPC4 to compute both GS and VS, so I am looking to do that this morning. Please don't worry about testing 4.086 much -- I'll send 4.087 later.

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

HI Pete, Who knows whats going on with my mails. anyway.

Number three is climbing at a rate of 100ft per second or however long it takes for the program to refresh / update but the VS is still 0

25+ Posting Member

TCAS and FSINN

Hello,

since yesterday I have PM Software. I´m flying online at Vatsim and the MP Traffic isn´t displayed at the PM TCAS.
    I am using FS9, FSINN 1.3 FSUIPC 3.75.

Any Solutions?

Best regards
    Roland

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast