Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 737 simmer

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Well, Bob's right. The 707, 737, and 727 all share the same upper fuse.

Just about everything in the control cabin from the early models is interchangeable except for the center three instrument panel pieces and the TQ.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Administrator

Mycockpit.org reply

Jaymo

You do have some advantages many others don't like having Aerodeck Engineering near you. I believe they sell old cockpits but not sure there cost. I sent them an email a few days ago with some questions but no word yet.

There can be some savings in a real cockpit. Many times you can get the pedals, yokes and even the throttle quad with some. These are added expenses that mount up.

I believe you were deciding on a 737 or a 727. There is much more out there for the 737 so availability of parts will be of more help. On a 727, unless you are going the steam gauge route best would be a real cockpit here. Unless you have the talent like some of our pioneer builders to make the parts yourself you may wait sometime.

As popular as the B777 is there is still only one place for those parts FDS and they are limited at this time.

I think there is some other builders in your area that might PM you. I know of a couple in Florida that are using real cockpits there.

10+ Posting Member

Well, not really...Aerodeck Engineering is actually located in Dominican Republic. This is where they do the actual manufacturing of the parts.
    They only have an office in Miami which is barely manned. As of now, they have 2 - 727 real cockpits (anyone want one?) here in Miami...One of them is an ex-Delta 727.

I thought about it , but I am still undecided as to what to do.. The cockpits have the pedals and yokes, though ..Only problem for me would be the following:
    How to load and unload the thing onto a truck and at the home.
    How to wire the real pedals and columns/yokes to the computers?
    I am not too talented for certain things...

I do have connections with a place that can make a fiberglass shell (from a real 737 ). So, while easier for me, it would cost a whole lotta $$ to go that route vs. buying the real cockpit...

Any words of wisdom are welcomed !

Hi out there,
    there´s a third possibility... go for 1:1 shell fibreglass replica.
    That´s what i did, look at my website.It came in 4 parts and if you do some work ,like cutting, painting etc. by yourself its not that heavy and expensive like a real shell i suppose.The advantage of a real shell or a replica is ,that you have a structure from where you can measure where the other parts should be , like MIP etc.That was very helpfull for me!
    Best Regards
    Ralf
    Cheers, Ralf
    www.b737ng.de

10+ Posting Member

Hey Ralmav, nice going! You are a 100 years ahead of me...I think I am also going to go the Flightdeck I/O boards...

Question: Can't you just "Y" off the PM -PFD/ND Capt monitor to feed the F/O's screeen? Just asking..

The shell ain't bad at all, it is just the walls that are going to be a pain to make it look like a 737NG interior...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hooking electronics to working peddles and tillers is EASY!! PROVIDING they are still hooked up! The connecting parts a lot of times are gone.And they usually cost more then the shell to replace.
    Bob Reed

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hooking electronics to working peddles and tillers is EASY!! PROVIDING they are still hooked up! The connecting parts a lot of times are gone.And they usually cost more then the shell to replace.
    Ok, you are going to be my tutor!!! I don't have the slightest clue how to begin with that type of work...Easy?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Well I will try to give you an idea. Your yokes and peddles will be hooked together under the floor. So this means you only have to hook a pot to one of the control rods or linkages (better term). So one pot for rudders, one pot for left and right (yokes) and one pot for up and down (tillers) I have some pics that show how others have done it with real cockpits I will dig them up.
    Bob Reed

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Well I will try to give you an idea. Your yokes and peddles will be hooked together under the floor. So this means you only have to hook a pot to one of the control rods or linkages (better term). So one pot for rudders, one pot for left and right (yokes) and one pot for up and down (tillers) I have some pics that show how others have done it with real cockpits I will dig them up.
    Thanks, Bob.. It is appreciated ..I would like to email you separately so as not to flood this thread too much. Would you mind ? I need to be enlightened in more details ( like, how to wire the "Pot" to the PC?)...maybe like a sketch , that type of info...Again, thanks so much to all on this fourm..

Jaymo,

a 100 years ahead ...that´s what i thought when i saw the sims of the other guys here .. to be honest... i started building my sim in september last year. But before there where years of planning, saving money, saving money....saving...and convincing my wife

..Question: Can't you just "Y" off the PM -PFD/ND Capt monitor to feed the F/O's screeen? Just asking...

That´s no problem if you have a display card with two outs ,then simply clone the Win desktop on two monitors.But if you going for a MCP with two EFIS it makes sense to have the PM F/O Remote license.

..The shell ain't bad at all, it is just the walls that are going to be a pain to make it look like a 737NG interior...

Cockpitsonic in Germany sells interior parts as well, i have the overhead and "eyebrows" interiors from them.I´m thinking of making the floor interior parts by myself ,maybe a combination of wood and fibreglass (epoxy).
    I think making the floor interiors is not that heavy cause there are not those "round" parts that you have in the overhead section.

Ralf
    Cheers, Ralf
    www.b737ng.de

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast