Ozzy737ng A/P Disco
Coming to you from down under !
I am in the process of developing a proof of concept 737 cockpit and seem to have a strange autopilot disconnection issue.
Below is an overview of the system so far (Ive run pmfilecheck which all seemed fine see attached). I don't have PMsystems installed:
Server PC :
FS2004 (9.1) .
PMDG 737-800 (up2date, with latest SID/STARS and AIRAC's).
PM MCP (416).
PM Sounds (up2date).
Glass Cockpit (446) with latest AIRAC's 702.
CDU (386) with latest AIRAC's 702.
Below is the steps that I have taken leading up to the issue (im using the PMDG flight manual for engine starts and continental 737-800 flight manual for FMC procedure):
At this point im looking for a message on the CDU to figure out why the A/P has disco'ed (possibly a procedure I have missed). I have messages active within the CDU however do not see any message displayed.
- Load flight sim, cold and dark in the PMDG.
- Start the aircraft using the default PMDG overhead panel (possibly of interest in my issue).
- I input my flight plan into the FMC (Via the PM-CDU on PC3).
- The ND updates (on PC2) and I see all the magenta lines im expecting (after checking via plan mode to be sure).
- Taxi out to the runway and lineup on the centerline, instruments on the glass cockpit (PC2) are all working and in correct sense.
- After takeoff I select LNAV, then left hand A/P from PM-MCP.
- I then get a continuous loop of napdisco.wav from pmsounds.
- My path (indicated correctly by the flight director) is not followed.
One thing that tells me ive done something wrong is that I never hear the napu.wav from pmsounds. This indicates to me that PM might think the engines are not started !!!! (this is where my understanding is breaking down).
I feel that my problem is conceptual. That im not doing a vital bit of the setup (eg FSUIPC offsets).
I would be forever in-debt if someone could help me out, ive been scratching my head for a week on this issue, thanks in advance
1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
THe PMDG auto pilot is fighting with PM's auto pilot. You must remove it from the panels. I do not know if you can use the PMDG overhead with PM or not. Maybe some one else can chime in here? But it is defintly the PMDG AP causing you the problem.
Your a champ Bob many thanks sir, and such a prompt response !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will mess with the Panel.CFG tonight and advise .....
UPDATE : This was the solution to my problem. I downloaded and modified the example panel (http://projectmagenta.com/downloads/...37panel30.zip). Works like a dream many thanks Bob. I also learn't a bit about panel files from (737ng.co.uk).
Originally Posted by Bob Reed