Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support down?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hey Skunk Works, Do you own PM software? And you do know that you can display lots of differant gauges?
    Bob Reed

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    PM Software has better support then you can get anywhere

I can testify to this. I have not yet talked my wife in to letting me buy the Project Magenta software yet. I don't even own it. I did, however, download the Boeing GC demo. I attempted to run it on my Dell Dimension 8250 (2.5 GHz, 1gb RDRAM, 128mb Radeon 9700 4xAGP ) machine and it dodnt work! I e-mailed support and Enrico worked with me for the better part of 4 days to fix the problem, which incidentally was related to the dual video out settings on the video card. The program works great now! All this considering I am not officially a "customer" yet!

These guys are top notch! Well worth the wait!!! When I finally do convince the wife to give me the cash, you can bet I will be buying from PM.

... just promise here a diamond ring (or a shopping trip to Paris) as a compensations and she will happily agree to your PM purchase...

Hans

I might just have to try that...at least I would get an airplane ride out of the deal!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hey Skunk Works, Do you own PM software? And you do know that you can display lots of differant gauges?
    No, I did not know that. I was under the impression that all of this was glass cockpit software for twin-engine Boeing and Airbus aircraft.

So...this software will display analog steam-gauge type instruments like the HSI and ADI as well as pointer-needle type engine gauges and the rest for older Boeings?

I've investigates the site and looked around a bit, but I didn't see or read anything relating to this.

In fact, PM informed me they have no intentions of writing software for the 727. Even Joe down in the Bahamas with his 727 contacted PM about software for his sim. He said they wanted a King's ransom and 18-24 months time.

I'm not sure where an analog cockpit fits in with PM's software.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

The 767 Setup in PM is a non glass gauge setup. I am running a 3 engine aircraft, and PM is going to work great.

You do not need to use only PM gauges, you could use PM 767 Gauges and manual flightsim engine instruments. Mix and match as you please, then you have the PM MCP (autopilot and FMS) to go with you 727.. If you wanted to make it a bit more up to date.

Just my thoughts, If I were doing a 727... This is the route I would go, oh and I would also add pm systems.

Trev

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Thanks Trevor. I downloaded the demo and was amazed...until I read the readme.txt. Then I was just dumbfounded.

Some of that stuff is baffling. I'm not a software engineer and I'm too old to learn.

How would you go about importing analog engine gauges into PM software, or am I missing something there? I also was not able to get the type and amount of gauges I wanted on one screen.

I had trouble with trying to re-arrange the separate gauges on the "Force Boeing 767 Gauges" screen. I saw the electronic ADI and changed it to analog, but it looked like a stand-by gauge. The airspeed indicator and the HSI was OK, but I couldn't see the CDI line in the HSI. The radar altimeter tape never displayed after selecting it either.

My system passed the benchmarks by a wide margin, but I don't think all of the software was working correctly.

It looks very interesting, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to be able to use it for an aircraft it was not designed for.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!