Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    imported_sweker

AP/RST, AT/RST, FMC/RST - Offsets?

Evening Gents,
    I've been looking for sometime on how to configure the AFDS annunciators and switches. Has anyone had any success with this? I'm betting that programming within PM Systems will be required, but before I go down that road, I'd like to confirm no other solution fits. Thanks!

AP disconnect = AP/RST LED Flashing
    AT disconnect = AT/RST LED Flashing
    FMC Message = FMC/RST LED

Selecting any of the appropriate switches will stop the flashing. Thanks, Steve

alandyer
    Steve,

The latest FS2Phidget beta has a check box for digital input labelled Push-to-Reset.

Pressing Calibrate button will permit you to assign a digital input to one of the digital outputs on the card.

I assigned digital outputs to AUTOPILOT_MASTER_SWITCH, AUTOTHROTTLE_ARM and CDU_MSG in FS2PhUIPC401.ini
    These offsets are 07BC, 0810 and 052C.

For A/T and A/P digital outputs I checked boxes Invert to make annunciator illuminate when A/P and A/T go to Off.

Check Flash box to make annunciators flash.

Regards,
    Alan.

alandyer
    Steve,

Specific steps:

(1) Wire up lamps for digital output.
    (2) Assign digital outputs to variables in my previous reply.
    (3) Check Invert and Flash boxes as appropriate.

(4) Wire up A/T to digital input.
    (5) Check Push-to-Reset box.
    (6) Press Calibrate button
    (7) Select output to reset i.e. A/T output.
    ( Do (4) - (7) for A/P and FMC

Regards,
    Alan.

imported_pylet
    Excellent! This is exactly what I was looking for also. Only problem I have now is that I do not have CDU_MSG in FS2PhUIPC401.ini. Any ideas? Also does anyone know what the offsets are for "SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM"?

Thanks,
    Lyle

alandyer
    Lyle,

Emailed you updated 401 ini.

Will be posting updated beta later this weekend.

Not sure if MS-FS or PM simulates speed brake failures.

Regards,
    Alan

imported_sweker

Talking

Thanks Allan,
    Appreciate the feedback.

imported_pylet
    Thanks Alan! Excellent support in this support forum.

Lyle

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question AFDS Test Function

Hello Guys,

I've been monitoring this great Phidgets forum for some time. In my B737 I'm up to building the AFDS switches, the ones that indicate when the A/T and/or A/P have been disconnected or whether there is a message from the FMC.

I think I understand how to make them work using phidgets after reading Alan's post with clear instructions but one question remains. How to make the test switch co-located with the panel work. i.e flicking the test switch to either position 1 or 2 should illuminate all the ADFS indicators...

Is there an offset for this in FS9 ? I didn't think there was and if not can you somehow route this function ouside of FS9? In theory it should be a simple input state (switch) resulting in outputs (LED illumination) being actioned but is there a way to do this from outside FS9 using FS2Phidgets without resorting to Visual Basic or other form of programing ??? I am currently using an 8/8/8 card.

Hope to hear from you

Cheers,
    Luke

builder

Luke,

Here's how you set Test switches on AFDS.

(1) Use configuration button to the red lamp digital outputs to circuit 7 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).
    (2) Use configuration button to the amber lamp digital outputs to circuit 6 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).

(3) Select digital input for Test 1 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 7.

(4) Select digital input for Test 2 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 6.

Regards,
    Alan.

builder

Same reply, but with clearer language

Luke,

Here's how you set Test switches on AFDS.

(1) Use the configuration button to set the red lamp digital outputs to circuit 7 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).
    (2) Use the configuration button to set the amber lamp digital outputs to circuit 6 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).

(3) Select digital input for Test 1 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 7.

(4) Select digital input for Test 2 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 6.

Regards,
    Alan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast