vinz_A320

Cool A new feature for FS2Phidget

Hi ALan,

My configuration is now working very well ... Then, I started to finish the panel
    installation - all wires are connected to phidgets and FS2Phidget is running 24h a day to test the reliability.

I have started the configuration of the Airbus Autobrake panel (Low Med & MAX) which is fitted with 3 push buttons (depress in = set, depress in again = off). then, Is it possible to add the "Toggle" feature to your sofware allowing to toggle an offset with a simple pushbutton ?

Secondly. is it possible to determine a discrete variable with 5 different values instead of 3 in your documentation (it's for my flaps lever which has 5 digital positions)?

Thanks for all your efforts and, one more time : congratulations !!!

Regards

Vinz

alandyer
    Vinz,

The feature you are looking for is already there.
    Try the "Latch" checkbox and see if that will work for you.

As many discrete values as you want !
    Discretes are convenient way of working with digital on and off values.
    You could set up on and off values for a switche without discretes.

Regards,
    Alan.

vinz_A320

Smile

YES !!! it works !!!... thanks a lot.

I understand now very well all eatures of your software.
    Because I would like to make my sim very similar to an Airbus, I found new features
    which were very interresting for all simers.

for example, Airbus flaps : Airbus has 5 different Flaps positions : 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 and Full. All positions are generating a combination of slats & flaps...

But for the Flaps 1, we have conditions for slats/flaps extension : if you select flaps 1 on the ground, Flaps will be "1+F" (Slats & Flaps). if you select flaps 1 in flight (for approach), Flaps will be "1" only (only slats).

Then, is it possible to add logic formulas (using 2 or 3 different FSUIPC offsets) for the output generation ? for exemple
    if aircraft is on the ground (offset 0366 =1) AND flaps selector = 1 then FLAPS = 1+F (=6500)
    if aircraft is airborne ((offset 0366 =0) AND flaps selector = 1 then FLAPS = 1

For the management of the AUTOBRAKE PANEL, some logic equations may be create very realistic behaviors....

What do you think about that ?

regards

Vincent

alandyer
    Vincent,

Project Magenta has released pmSystems for the Airbus 320.

pmSysems has feature for creating custom logic. That may be your best option.
    Have a look at Boeing forums. Boeing sim-nauts have been doing some creative things with customizing feature.

Regards,
    Alan.

alandyer
    ...I should have said.... Look at pmSystems forum....not Boeing forum.