Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help with my 64LED

Hi, i recently got the phidgets64 led board, can you tell me if i can run a common connection to the Cathode side of my led's and just wire in the Anode to the imput on the board or does each LED have to be wired in to the Phidget, Cathode and anode

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately no, you cannot use a common ground connection on the LEDs. Each one needs to be wired to its respective Anode and Cathode connections.

Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by mark1million
    Hi, i recently got the phidgets64 led board, can you tell me if i can run a common connection to the Cathode side of my led's and just wire in the Anode to the imput on the board or does each LED have to be wired in to the Phidget, Cathode and anode

Thanks in advance

Mark

imported_737nut
    That is not correct! I have 1 common gnd wire on my setup. so far i have used 50 of the 64 positions. If you look at the pcb you will see that it is a common ground.
    Hoppe that helps

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

There is no common ground on the LED64, at least from the perspective of the LEDs. There are 32 cathodes, and 2 anodes. It is possible to drive the 64 LEDs with 34 wires, but this would be complex. Much simpler to use 128 wires.

If you do hook the cathodes up to the common ground for the LED64, the LEDs will die very quickly, as up to 3 amps @ 3.3V will be dumped through.