landwerlen

flap indicator with 8/8/8

ive noticed in the fs2phidget software that there is an offset for left and right flap deflection. i assume when the output line goes from false to true, that you could light a light at that event. i also notice that there is an increase in the 'FSvalue' when you increase the flap deflection. my question is how to light a light for approach flaps and/or full flaps, as the a36 bonanza, and the 58 baron currently do. would that be different software?

this interface in my opinion is so powerful yet simple, that the possibilities seem unrestricted. i guess that's why we seem so greedy about seeing what this stuff can do......thanks john

alandyer
    If you were to connect any phidget that supports digital output (Interfacekit or LED) you would assign Left or Right Flaps to one of the outputs and wire an LED to that output.

Pressing the FS2Phidget Calibrate button will take you to a screen that will allow you to set thresholds at which LED should illuminate and extinguish.

Set the Max slider to a value. The LED will illuminate when FSvalue is equal to or greater than Max slider value.

The Min slider will cause LED to extinguish when FSvalue is less than or equal to MIn slider value.

Clicking the "invert" checkbox on the assignment screen will reverse this functionality i.e. LED will illuminate when MAX is exceeded or equal to.

When you press OK to exit screen these settings are automatically saved.

alandyer
    The technique I have described in reply just previous to this will allow a simnaut to operate landing gear indicators, low fuel lights, alternator discharge lights, etc.

landwerlen
    you response makes sense, but for instance lighting an indicator for approach flaps, im not sure i follow. the fs value is 8191 for approach flaps. i would like the light to be extinguished below 8191 (or somewhere close), light at 8191, and extinguish above 8191. retracted and extended positions are easy, but midrange positions im not sure i understand how to achieve.....any help would be appreciated. john

alandyer
    John,

Try setting Max slider to 8191 and Min slider to 8190.
    This should cause LED to extinguish for values at and below 8190 and illuminate for values at and above 8191.

Regards,
    Alan.

alandyer
    John, this is Fs2Phidgets Center,
    Disregard last.
    Understand you want to extinguish above 8191!!
    Stand by. Will experiment and see what we can come up with.

alandyer
    John,

Download latest version (2.0.4).
    Made enhancement that should now address just about everybody's LED requirements.

Here's what you do:

- Assign your FS variable to digital output.
    - If already assigned, select component.
    - Press "Calibrate button". (Now available for LED64)
    - Use the "Min" and "Max" sliders to specify range you want to see LED illuminate.
    LED will illuminate when FSValue falls ON and BETWEEN Min and Max slider
    settings.
    - Pressing "invert" check box will illuminate LED outside range.
    - Don't forget to "Enable" component.

"Assignment check list completed".

Tried it out last night, works well.
    Let me know how this works for you.

Hopefully, you are now cleared as filed.
    Report when airport in sight.

Regards,
    Alan.