Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS2 2.0 inop

alandyer
    Let me know if 2.0.2 resolved servo problem.

imported_737nut
    Alan,
    Good news, servo and flaps function work great now! If possible, could we get it so we can custom set servo position versus flaps position, like the flaps handle cal is done? Reason i ask is, my gauge lines up perfect for 25,30, and 40 Position 10,15 are close, flaps 1,2,and 5 do not move my servo enough. Every servo has a little different movement so fine tuning would be cool.

I know, i'm getting picky now

imported_737nut
    Forgot to tell you that the servo movement was very smooth!! Very realistic operation!

Will it be possible to drive other gauges in this method?

Rob

alandyer
    Rob,

I will have look at calibrating servo to flap deflection position, but want to let dust settle from 2.x first.

Maybe I should bring my laptop along to your hanger for a visit and we can work on it.

I'm on vacation between Christmas and New Year.

Regards,
    Alan.

Nav Lt
    Thanks Alan,

My servo now stops rotation when the offset value for the designated flap setting is reached. Now my next problem is that I think I have the wrong type of servo. When I set flaps, it rotates clockwise easily, however when flap retraction is desired, my servo keeps going clockwise instead of counter clockwise.

I was hoping that a 360 servo would meet my needs for the 270 gauge. Might have to check into what Rob is using and give that a try. My desire though will still be the full 270 swing. Also, when I start my overhead gauges, all of those swing 270 degrees or more as well.

Great work and thanks again.

Regards,
    James

imported_737nut
    James,
    Right now, for a true 270 degress with a plain servo, you will have to add some extra external gearing. Not an option i want to explore, yet

My gauge reads 5,10,15,20,25,30,40 all in a 180 sweep. Right now i have 10-40 right on the money, 5 is a little off but not much.

This flap gauge took me less then 30mins to put together, it's not pretty from the back due to the sealed back i had to cut open, but it does work.

Shoot me your email and i'll send you some pics.
    Rob

Nav Lt
    Rob,

I would be interested in your pics. My e-mail address is jdtwomey@wavecable.com. I wonder if Matt might have any ideas about making a 360 servo work.

I look foward to seeing your project pictures. Thanks for the help!

Regards,
    James

phidgets
    I have to try out a 360 to see if we can push it through the whole arc. But I already know that the resolution on it might be less than desirable. When I order servos next I'll pick one up. This won't be for a little while. I'm well stocked right now. I'll report my findings.

Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123