phidgets

The Software is Here !! :)

Hello Pilots !

The FS2Phidget Beta software is released for download. You can find the download and information page for the software here:

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phi...FS2Phidget.asp

You can also review the quickstart guide explaining how the software works here:
    http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phi...uick_start.asp

So far we have had a couple of very happy users. The software makes it very easy for non-programmers to use Phidgets in their Cockpit simulators. You do not need to know how to program code at all to use Phidgets now

We are also working with Project Magenta to integrate their new software, PM Sytems, into our software. With their software, FS2Phidget, and Phidget I/O devices Sim builders will have a complete system for building Simulators easier and faster than ever before!

Matt

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Error messages

Sirs,

I am having considerable difficulty in programing my Phidget system to work with Flight simulator 9.

I have a throttle quad system built by Rob Howard of Orlando, a member of this forum, and we are both kind of stumped.

At one time or another, with various versions of the software, including beta, I have had all, some, or none of my hardware working with the Phidget software.

I have done NUMEROUS installs and uninstalls to no avail.

The most consistent problem that I encounter is the inability to SAVE my work with the various software settings for the flap positions and for the operation of the throttle servo's. I simply get an error message that Phidgets is unable to Save.

Additionally, during the attempts to follow the instructions for the programming of the various flap positions....as soon as I click onto AutoSave I get a message...."Run time error 91...Object variable or With block variable not set".

I would like to know if there is ongoing work for the software for the FSPhidget software and if we can look forward to an updated version in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Mel Ott

phidgets

Beta

Hi Mel,

I've forwarded your post to Alan. Yes, the work on the software is ongoing. We thought Rob had his auto throttles working just fine. This is new info for me. It sounds like a bug. Alan will take a look at it and we'll get it hammered out.

Keep in mind that the software is in beta and brand new. As we unearth these bugs they'll get squashed

Thanks

Matt

Reply to Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the reply and the GOOD news of ongoing software development!

You are correct, at one time Rob and I had the throttle servo's working....quite well actually. However as new software was downloaded and installed the scenario changed.....in this manner..........after Rob delivered my hardware throttle quad.....

1. When Rob left here last....I had throttles but no Flaps.
    2. When Rob sent me a new phidget.exe file...I installed that and got Flaps...but the throttles quit or went spastic.
    3. When I downloaded from the Phidget site their latest files....NOTHING worked except the brakes...sporadically.
    4. When I placed back in the files that I had in situation 2...those conditions work...Flaps, Throttles manually, and brakes

And that is the way I am keeping the config until......grin.

Regards,

Mel Ott

Quote Originally Posted by phidgets
    Hi Mel,

I've forwarded your post to Alan. Yes, the work on the software is ongoing. We thought Rob had his auto throttles working just fine. This is new info for me. It sounds like a bug. Alan will take a look at it and we'll get it hammered out.

Keep in mind that the software is in beta and brand new. As we unearth these bugs they'll get squashed

Thanks

Matt

MDB files

Matt,

Since it has been some time since I last posted on the forum and because I have seen no replies to my last post....I would like to clarify a bit what I find to be the problem.

It seems that the .mdb file created by the Phidget program is not able to recognize the flap settings and the Auto alignment.

If I use the current download from your site...to setup Phidgets.....my flaps and throttle servo's are not able to be configured....yet when I then copy in an OLDER .mdb FILE that was created with an earlier version of Phidget.exe....the Flaps do work...but the throttle servo's are inop.

That .mdb version was created after a very early beta Phidget program that did enable the throttle servo's....but also was so early that it did not yet have the flap settings...once the version was used that had flap capablilties...the throttles quit working.

It is difficult to pinpoint for you the actual .exe files as they all are named the same....i.e.....they were not named in sequence of creation...and each one just overwrites the former.

However, I do have two copies of the .mdb files.....one PhidgetFS2.mdb allows flap operation........and the other does not. Would it be possible for me to send those to you in an Email....each has been "renamed"....."Flaps work" and "Flaps don't work".......perhaps you could look them over and see what differences are contained?

My email is....

mottsprint@earthlink.net

If you could contact me directly...I will then send you and email with the two files in zipped format.

Thanks in advance,

Mel Ott

Quote Originally Posted by phidgets
    Hi Mel,

Thanks

Matt

Looking Better!

Matt,

Rob Howard forwarded me a new copy of FSPhidget yesterday....and I installed it last night.

VERY happy to see BOTH my Flaps and Throttle servo's now working at one time...and fairly well.

However, I still cannot program correctly my flap "detents" of 1, 5, 10, 20, 25, and 30. I will get flaps 20 at the Flap 10 detent...and and then need to set Flaps 5 in order to get an actual setting of 10 degrees.

Also....in 500 milliseconds setting on the opening screen......I am unable to set that to the recommended 5 value and then Save it........the program always reverts to the 500 milliseconds.

And....my Speed brake handle....after calibration.......only allows me to extend about 22 percent of speedbrakes....and then going any further aft the value jumps immediately to 100 percent. The spoilers/speedbrakes cannot be retracted by the hardware spoiler handle...rather I have to use the "/" FS key to retract them.

So....progress noted....improvements and fine tuning still needed!

Regards,

Mel Ott