150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

ILS signal not found

The ILS signal is not found anymore.
    Not sure, if it has to do with moving FMGS on a client PC.
    I updated the AIRAC from Navigraph 2 times now, always recreated the bin files and copied them on all clients.

The ILS frequency is programmed in the MCDU and identified according to the Nav Charts.
    I tested it with P3D default airports. Only the vertical ILS indicator appeared, but not the horizontal indicator.

I never had problems whith the Navdata, when FMGS was on the Server PC. But not sure, if this is my problem, or if it has something to do with the AIRAC data. But I tried 4 different airports now > no ILS. VOR and ADF frequences work however.

I think, it's a problem in my settings.

Can it be, that my FSscenery.cfg is not configured properly?
    Or maybe I deleted one of the important files when regenerating the bin files?

Thanks,
    Michael

75+ Posting Member

Re: ILS signal not found

Hello Michael,

today i made a flight from LEMD to LEPA 06 L and i had the same problem!
    I switch to EDDM 26R ,no Problem with the ILS !
    After that i had a phone call with my friend captn_pero and he ask me, is the problem on a Addon Airport?
    Hi installed me P3DV4AddonOrganizer witch helps to read out the addon files for makerwys.exe, only install!
    After that i recompiled the navdata for jeehell, start the P3dV4 go to LEPA 06L, and what i have to say , the ils is right there!

hope it helps at your problems!

Regards Peter

Thanks Peter.

Downloading the latest version of MakeRwys does no longer need to use the full version of P3DV4AddonOrganizer. It brings a program called "LorbySceneryExport.exe" which should be placed in the P3Dv4 main directory of the sim (as MakeRwys.exe).

From the MakeRwys README.pdf:
    [...]
    NOTE for Prepar3D versions 3 and 4
    Those Prepar3D version 3 and 4 scenery installs abiding by the new L-M system for add-ons
    will NOT be seen by MakeRunways unless you copy the LorbySceneryExport program from
    the ZIP into the Prepar3D folder, to sit beside MakeRwys.exe.
    MakeRunways will then automatically use the Lorby program to create a file called
    MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg in your P3D3 or P3D4 folder. This then lists it ALL of the scenery
    layers with correct layering. MakeRunways will use that file instead of the original.
    NOTE that you should run MakeRunways “as administrator”. This is especially true on
    Win10. The best way is to mark it needing admin privileges in its (or its shortcut)
    “Properties – Compatibility” settings (right click on the EXE or the shortcut).
    The special CFG file will be left in the main P3D folder for your own reference to the priority
    ordering of your scenery, something difficult to do from all the XML files.
    For P3Dv4, if you want to use the other excellent facilities provided, get the full
    AddonOrganizer for P3Dv4 from http://lorby-SI.weebly.com/downloads.html. But only the
    included program is used by MakeRwys.
    Thanks go to Lorby-SI for the use of these programs, and for making them Freeware!
    [...]

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Peter,

I got it working now! But only with an older AIRAC cycle.
    See here: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32480&page=2&p=173443#post173443