Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

EGWPS data creator doesn't complete compiling

Hey Guys!
    I tries to convert USGS-Topo-Data via EGWPS-data-creator. It runs for a while, but it comes to en end with "Reading DEM file" at 100%, "Resizing" at ~70% and "total" at 100%. "Resizing" still "swoosh's" like working, but no more files are created.
    Is the process complete, or is there a problem? If problem, what did I wrong and how to solve it?
    Regards
    Joe

Re: EGWPS data creator doesn't complete compiling

hi Joe,
    i think, meanwhile you are using EGPWS in Jeehell. I just want to let you know, that i had the same behavior of the compiler. After waiting for 15 minutes without any advance i just closed the compiler and when i started the EGPWS it worked as it schould.
    reg.
    Bernd

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,
    i found this thread by searching for "EGPWS", because i had the same yesterday evening. So i think all is ok like Bernds experiences, but can i check that without starting the complete airbus? I am in that project phase to complete each Client for its job in the network. So this Client is responsible for displaying EWD/SD and EGPWS.

Regards
    Andy

Hi Andy, as i understand from your setup you run EGPWS on the client where you rund EWD/SD. If my guess is right that you run another client for the PFD/ND you would need to run at least the PC where FMGS-Server is installed + the Client where EGPWS is installed + the client where you run your PFD/ND + the PC where you run the sim. The Sim-PC is needed to to get Power to Airbus logic via the aircraft loaded in the sim. (EXT PWR). The FMGS-Server is mandatory needed as the central application where all the system logic is combined together. The Client for the PFD/ND is needed because the Terrain is showed on the ND-screen if everything is ok and the the client where EGPWS is installed is needed to get the logic and the data from there.

In my setup i have 1 PC as dedicated Server to run the FMGS-Server and to this PC all Hardware of my Cockpit is connected to. (Sidestick, Pedals, Thrust, FCU, MCDU and all other HW-Panels etc.) On my second client i run only the PFD/ND for CPT and FO plus the EWD/SD + EGPWS because it´s recommended to run the EGPWS logic on the same Client where the ND´s are on to reduce network traffic. On a complete seperate and most powerfull PC i run P3D as the "visual server"

So this is a powerfull but not too complicated setup of just 3 PC

No. 1 = The P3D visual
    No. 2 = The A320 system logic and Cockpit-Hardware interface
    No. 3 = The "screens" -PC as the GUI for the Pilots (+ two additional Monitors for visual access to additional apps like PFPX, Topcat, Charts and EFB and to control the SIM setup for updates etc.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Bernd,
    yes, that is my plan to run EGPWS on the EWD/SD client. I will use 4 PCs in the Network. I use a complete cockpit, so i have to drive 6 Displays: 2xPDF/ND, 2xMCDU, 1x EWD/SD, 1 Beamer. The strongest is the "Server" with max CPU & Graphic for Beamer, and all HW connected and installed with P3D & Jeehell on them. The others are the Display-Clients, 2 Displays one each Client, except the EWD/SD Client. So i decide that that this is the EGPWS-Client. Do you believe the network traffic becomes a problem?

Andy

Do you believe the network traffic becomes a problem?
    honestly i can´t believe this will become a "problem". It´s just recomended by Jean-Luc and i´ve put the EGPWS on the "Screens" PC just to save unnessary traffic. When i startet to set up my cockpit, me too thought about a 4 PC or even 5 PC setup. But then i just startet to test Jeehell it with low-end PC, apart from the P3D PC, ofcourse which is high-end. I bought a cheap motherboard, I3 intel and two Nvidia GPU card´s for 25 EUR each (GTX710 or something) just to get enough Monitor outputs. In the first step i´ve installed the whole FMGS suite onto this PC and though i had 5 Monitors on this client and everything ran smooth and stable. I think FMGS is not a high demanding application at all.

Because i had some additonal apps like PFPX, TOPCAT, NadataPro installed on my Office-PC at that time, and this PC is a 6 years old I5, i decided to get a new one for my Office and took then the spare one to assimilate it into my cockpitsetup. Because i´ve had already 2 NVidia GTX960 in this I5, plus the onboard GPU i would have enough Monitoroutputs on this PC to cover all needed for the cockpitscreens plus 2 additional screens to have one as GUI to the whole cockpit-network-setup (via remotedesktop etc.) and for doing all flightplanning stuff. And all the software for flightsimming was already installed on it. The Power of the I5 plus the GPU´s is way enough for all the "screens", FMGS and additional apps and it´s still bored a little. And my cockpitsetup is isolated from my Office stuff. And as less complex the whole setup is build as easier it is to find the colprit in case of an issue.

But i would like to ask YOU about your screens. You said you use seperate monitors for each PFD, ND, EWD and SD. This is something i´am thinking about too, at least for the 4 PFD /ND´s because i can´t find a Monitor which is really fitting behind the Skalarki bezels. Would you provide me some informations about your screens, i guess you using 7" or 8" mini-monitiors or something. I don´t need it for the center mip because here i´ve found a perfect fitting 21,5" Monitor allready.

Cheers
    Bernd

25+ Posting Member

OK thanks info. Yes, to install a 2nd GPU is really an option, if my plans are crashing. All Clients working with an I5-3570K in 4,6GHz.

Main focus right now is not EGPWS i am on the final after a complete redesign of the shell including to complete the pedestal with pnp Panels and the TQ.
    No, i use a DELL e1709w, for the screens, so one on each site. I dismantle them from the edge and mounting it without the stand. it fits perfectly.
    For ECAM i use 19" 5:4 in vertical position with.