Thread: EX-B737 builder comes back and wants to build a A320 home cockpit!

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

EX-B737 builder comes back and wants to build a A320 home cockpit!

EX-B737 builder comes back and wants to build a A320 home cockpit!

Hello to all !

My name is Nick from Athens, ex B737 full home cockpit...

Started back in 2008, with FSX, multiple screens and a joystick and ended up in 2010 to do the jump..... here is my thread.... http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20424 here is a video from the old times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMNCDrvFfY

At some time in 2014, due to busy business schedule, I realized that my time was limited, so I sold the sim...

I always wanted to come back, SINCE THE FIRST DAY I SOLD IT, but the decision was postponed....

Now I have decided to start building again, this time for a A320 build...

After 4 years away from this hobby, I started reading, and realized that many have changed, so I would like your thoughts about the following...

1) I would like a single seat trainer (having a dual seat trainer in the past, from experience I can tell you that it was maybe only 5% when a second person was with me in the cockpit)
    2) I do not want an enclosed shell (Shell is great, but given that the room that I will build the sim can be extremely dark, it is ok)
    3) External will be 3 x 50" TVs (I've done the projector thing, it's great, but too much fuzz IMHO)
    4) Even though the sim will be SST, I would like the full feeling, forward and aft overhead, motorized throttle, etc....
    5) All parts will be Plug n Play (From experience PnP parts will give you back your money if sold, DIY modules are still somewhere in my place)
    6) From all parts that I need, all I have already is a very powerful SSD PC, and a Th2Go
    7) I would prefer European suppliers due to Customs duties...
    8 ) I am totally unaware about the new software trends, so I was hoping you can guide me through the correct channels...

With that said, I am open to all thoughts and discussions...

Thank you in advance,

Re: EX-B737 builder comes back and wants to build a A320 home cockpit!

Hardware : Skalarki it's the best
    Software : JeeHell (on this forum) free or ProSim A320 (1500€)

150+ Forum Groupie

Hey Nick, welcome. Seems like there are at least two-three more Greeks in this forum building with jeehell.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Nick and welcome to the Airbus party.
    I will build an A320 too and in early 2018 i came back to this after an 10 years abstinence, but the deamon is awake again. I was happy to see, that there has so many things developed over the past decade. I startet my first cockpit in 2003 but at that time you needed to build nearly everything on your own and i ended up in only building an not flying anymore. But the game has changed a lot (if you are willing and able to spent some more money, of course) After iŽhave made the construction in CAD i finished my purchase plan which looks like:

- All panels and electronics will come from Skalarki (FCU, Pedestal, MIP, Overhead, Throttle etc.)
    - Sidestick base is from VIRPIL controls (very sturdy and all metal)
    - Sidestick is a leftover from my first cockpit and it cam from Perter Cos FDS
    - Rudderpedals and Tiller are from Opencokpits Spain (very good and realistic)
    - The shell and the wooden "backbone" of the cockpit will be DIY build (luckly iam working in a carpenting company where all can be make to build it like an IKEA Billy)

Well, wow, it would be ready after everything is in place, cool.

Reg. Bernd

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

This costumer of mine did This Setup using one of our flightbox!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Hi Roberto, yes, and iŽam really looking forward to get my flightbox from you in August which iŽve ordered already. IŽve read a testimonial about your box in our german flightsimulation magazine "FS-Magazin". They have testet it and also the Boing 737 throttle. Their positive assumption gave me the last bit for my decision. I think, that especially with your A320 box you have really closed a gap of the available hardware. Honestly you canŽt "fly" in Airbus Philosophy really, unless you have the trottle with the detends which are a major part of the whole Fly-by wire-FMGS-system of this wonderfull aircraft. Actually iŽam using a Saitek throttle and struggle with the missing TOGA, CLB etc. In conjunction with the Airbreak and Flaps-levers in this box you really have the most important controls at hand. (Except the Flightstick and pedals, of course.
    reg.
    Bernd