Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B52

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B52

Hi Stefan, i will check this myself in the evening and let you know if i have the same behavior. It could be that this is normal.

Because you said you set the DH of 200 on nearly every flight that´s not normal Airbus procedure. In most cases the MDA (Minimum Decision Altitude) is used because this is the correct procedure for CAT I landings which are the most. On CAT I landings the PF has to land manually and therefore he should take over the control from the AP latest at 2000 ft baro alt. On CAT II conditions normal Airbus procedure is AUTOLAND but the PF can decide to takeover manually but only allowed if the runway is in sight latest at DH. On CAT III conditions AUTOLAND is mandatory. This means the DH is only used on CAT II + III landings where the radar altimeter is needed. The normal procedure is MDA. Of course this is just an easy explanation for the CAT landings but i didn´t want to step deeper into the details.
    I´am not sure at the moment, if it´s maybe normal that the callouts you exspecting
    (50...30...20...retard..)
    are not appear on AUTOLAND conditions but i will check. Meanwhile i suggest you use MDA instead of DH if the Weather conditions allow CAT I.

Cheers
    Bernd

Sorry, i have to correct or precise my last post a little. Because i´am used to the LIDO charts, where in 99 % of the approach charts the DA or MDA is published and not the DH, that´s what i´am used to see MDA as "normal". If you use DA (MDA) decision altitude or DH decision height depends on what´s published on the approach chart you use. Airbus can handle both. Anyway correct is, that if MDA is used the barometric altimeter is used by FMGS and for DH the radar altimeter.

As we think about this it seems that in Jeehell FMGS there is maybe an issue anyway, because normaly if MDA is in use there shouldn´t be automatic callouts for "hundred above" and "minimums" but i get them with MDA. Only if DH is used those callouts are made. May be JL has programed it the other way around.

i´am really sorry, but i have to get into this once more. Because i can´t stay calm on this question i´ve raised myself in my mind i asked a friend who´s a real airline Pilot on the A320. He said the following:

related to MDA/DH he said it´s generally speaking correct what i wrote that the MDA is the most usual set to use in an A320 because this is used for Non-Precision aprroaches which are normal daytime approaches in moderate weather and even nighttime if not CAT II is mandatory. DH is used generally only for precision approaches like CAT II and III and all the diversions of them because there are so many rules and dependencies that you fill a single book alone about this topic.

related to the callouts he said that his aircraft, which is not a specific one of course, but all the A320, 318, 319, 321 he gets to fly of his company, give him the callouts on both MDA and DH. He knows that in some trainings and documentations it´s described that the callouts are not done by the aircraft if MDA is set, but the reality is different. This would mean, if JL has programed that the callouts are made whichever is set MDA or DH, that´s how it is in reality.
    He also gave me a extra tip. Because it´s not allowed to go below the MDA which is given by the approach chart, practically he puts the MDA 50 ft higher in the MCDU. Though the ac reminds him with the "minimum" callout, "you have to decide KNOW if you have to make an Goarround".
    DH is allowed to go below a little, because on precision approaches the captain decides t continue or not at the DH.

150+ Forum Groupie

I am also missing ALL callouts from "minimums" onwards, means I am also missing "100", "50", "40", "30" and so on, even "RETARD" does not come. I don't think this has anything to do with the option whether I am entering a DH or MDA.

Stefan, i´ve made just a quick checkflight and i get the callouts no matter if i set MDA or DH. "100 above, minimum, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, retard,,,"

Did you ckecked
    1) if the sound module is connected to FMGS server, (red text in the little module window must say "connected to FMGS...", is the green text "Connected" shown in the FMGS-Server window on the upper right for Sound?

2) is the tickbox in the coulum "play" ticked for the callouts you can´t hear, if not tick them
    3) is the volume set to 100 %,
    4) are the sound device driver shown and do you have the correct sound device connected to each sound
    5) are the speakers are on
    7) are the speakers are plugged
    i´am at the End with my Latain for the moment….

Hi JL and all, i noted this strange issue with last version in my last 3 flights :
    The atc saw me with an altitude different from the one I had set. For example, yesterday I was at FL320, qnh set to standard, but IVAO's atc saw me at 31300 and even on webeye I was at that altitude.I noticed that there is a discrepancy between set altitude and that read by the simulator. Some idea ?

This happens both with ivao and with vatsim
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

150+ Forum Groupie

You'll need to set the "Altimeter Temperature Effect" to "off" on the aircraft options of the FMGS server. And... read the manual

Uhm, is a new feature ? With the B52.2.82 i didn't note that issue
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

Anyway, thanks for the response, i'll check it in my next flight

150+ Forum Groupie

No it's there since quite some time (maybe more than a year from what I remember) but the effect varies depending on environment parameters. You're not the first to be surprised by it.