Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Immersive Display Pro & Ubuntu

Greetings!!

Has anyone had any luck running Immersive Display Pro on a Linux/Ubuntu system? Any suggestions on where to begin? I’ve heard about the Wine plugin, which I’m hopeful will work, but I’m new to the Linux world

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Immersive Display Pro & Ubuntu

Wine is a software that provides a mapping for some of the windows system calls to native linux calls. That means that simple windows programs that only do generic system calls will work under linux, but complicated programs won't. Personally I expect this program to be using direct display driver calls that wine doesn't support and the copy protection will be even worse. I'll be very surprised if it would work under wine (linux), but still if you own it and would want to try there's nothing to loose. If you're planning to buy, I wouldn't recommend it for the 0.01% chance.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Immersive Display Pro & Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Greetings!!

Has anyone had any luck running Immersive Display Pro on a Linux/Ubuntu system? Any suggestions on where to begin? I’ve heard about the Wine plugin, which I’m hopeful will work, but I’m new to the Linux world
    Hi,

If you're working with Linux what program are you using for your simulation package? I'm guessing it might be FlightGear or X-Plane? If it is FlightGear I might be able to help you with a warping mesh generator and some FlightGear software that does warping. It goes back a few years and it was never made part of the release packages; however the source code is available it you can handle C++ and the CMake build system.

I doubt you will be successful trying to run Immersive Display with WINE.

John