Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Engine failure and restart while flying

Hello Jean Luc, thank you very much for a super software you are making. I have the followed problem after installing B50.2. Whilfe flying the ecam shows suddenly both engines failure. I pause the simulator for a while. While pausing the message engine failure goes off and the followed message comes "push FAC2 off then on". When i do that i can continue the flight.

But this problem comes again and again during the flight. What can be the error?

Sorry for my bad englisch, i only speak pilots englisch

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Engine failure and restart while flying

Well, it seems Jean-Luc has programed the Systems of the real Airbus very well. It would help if you describe the conditions of the flight where this happens, like weather, altitude etc. and at which phase of flight this comes up. (climb, cruise etc.) And if the engines failed really (going off) or is it just the ECAM warning message.

I found in the original documentation from Airbus the following:

FAC #2 Switch:
    ON:
    -Engages the associated flight augmentation computer.

OFF:
    -Disengages associated computer.

FAULT Light:
    -Illuminates amber when a failure is detected.

The Flight Augmentation Computer controls rudder, rudder trim and yaw damper inputs. It computes data from the flight envelope and speed functions.
    The FAC also provides warning for low-energy and windshear detection if these functions are installed.

So what ECAM is telling you just to restart the FAC-Computer, what is usual real life procedure, if it hangs up for some reason or if there are strange system parameter. IŽam not sure if the real life pilots push the pause button in case of this fault but anyway, if the failure remains in real life as in your case, that would be something for the technical staff to take a look on it. But they would need additional information like I wrote in the beginning.

I know this didnŽt resolve your issue but additional informations may help Jean-Luc.

regards