Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Engine failure and restart while flying

Hello Jean Luc, thank you very much for a super software you are making. I have the followed problem after installing B50.2. Whilfe flying the ecam shows suddenly both engines failure. I pause the simulator for a while. While pausing the message engine failure goes off and the followed message comes "push FAC2 off then on". When i do that i can continue the flight.

But this problem comes again and again during the flight. What can be the error?

Sorry for my bad englisch, i only speak pilots englisch

Re: Engine failure and restart while flying

Well, it seems Jean-Luc has programed the Systems of the real Airbus very well. It would help if you describe the conditions of the flight where this happens, like weather, altitude etc. and at which phase of flight this comes up. (climb, cruise etc.) And if the engines failed really (going off) or is it just the ECAM warning message.

I found in the original documentation from Airbus the following:

FAC #2 Switch:
    ON:
    -Engages the associated flight augmentation computer.

OFF:
    -Disengages associated computer.

FAULT Light:
    -Illuminates amber when a failure is detected.

The Flight Augmentation Computer controls rudder, rudder trim and yaw damper inputs. It computes data from the flight envelope and speed functions.
    The FAC also provides warning for low-energy and windshear detection if these functions are installed.

So what ECAM is telling you just to restart the FAC-Computer, what is usual real life procedure, if it hangs up for some reason or if there are strange system parameter. I´am not sure if the real life pilots push the pause button in case of this fault but anyway, if the failure remains in real life as in your case, that would be something for the technical staff to take a look on it. But they would need additional information like I wrote in the beginning.

I know this didn´t resolve your issue but additional informations may help Jean-Luc.

regards

10+ Posting Member

Thank you bbruechmann for the reply. I solved the problem. It was my overclocked CPU that made the issue. I am running now the CPU with normal Clock and no problems more.

Ok the problem is not solved i got it again and many times while a flight. after take off, while climb, on cruise FL, while des. The engines still running. no elec on Gen1 and Gen2.

Message on E/WD

ENG DUAL FAILURE
    -EMER ELEC PWR...MAN ON
    -FAC1.......OFF THEN ON

I am using prepar3d 4.3.

My system is:
    I7700K
    RTX2070
    32GB RAM
    windows 10 1809
    Prepar3d 4.3.29

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBon View Post
    Thank you bbruechmann for the reply. I solved the problem. It was my overclocked CPU that made the issue. I am running now the CPU with normal Clock and no problems more.

Ok the problem is not solved i got it again and many times while a flight. after take off, while climb, on cruise FL, while des. The engines still running. no elec on Gen1 and Gen2.

Message on E/WD

ENG DUAL FAILURE
    -EMER ELEC PWR...MAN ON
    -FAC1.......OFF THEN ON
    hm...ok...as you can see in the Original Emergency Procedure Manual from Airbus attached, Eng Dual Failure means, that the Engines in fact stop working. This can come from volcanic ash or birdstrike as this happend on New York few years ago to an Airbus A320 which landed in the Hudson River.
    But because your engines don´t stop and you have this EWD-Message would mean that there is something weird in your Jeehell FMGS.

I guess you run P3D and FMGS on the same PC and you have nothing changed to the aircraft data which came from installation.
    One way to make sure, that no data or setups of FMGS are corrupted is to make a clean re-install of Jeehell FMGS suite by de-install Jeehell at first. It is important that you only install the components of FMGS which you really need in your particular setup.

If the issue remains after re-installing we have to go further. If the issue remains, please provide also which components of FMGS you are using and which hardware like thrustlevers etc.

reg.
    Bernd
    Attached Images Attached Images

10+ Posting Member

Hello again,

i reinstalled the software in a new folder and tried a flight but the same. This time on ground, i lose the elec. All displays gone black. After a while the elec go on again. It is the same failure as in the air, but on ground there is no RAT and of course no elec.

With the new installation i run the complete software on the same computer as P3D.

I use all captain displays and software panels. The FCU and the EFIS are diy components that ran with mobiflight and FSUIPC. For the thrustlever i use only 1 poteniometer for both engines and a logitech joystick as sidestick.

What can be the problem?

well the problem can be many, but I would guess there is maybe something wrong with the hardware setup. It could be that the usage of thrustlever with only one poti causes the issue, because this is not the way FMGS is designed for.

I would test to disable the complete hardware except the joystick and use the software FCU, and the software thrustlevers of FMGS instead. If then FMGS runs without this issue you can enable your hardware step by step to tackle out which one causes the problem.

I guess hat you´ve made sure, that the Engine generators are switched on. (GEN1 + 2) and BAT1+2 both on on the overhead!?!

reg.
    Bernd

10+ Posting Member

then Gen1 + 2 and also the BAT 1 + 2 are all on of course. I will give it a try to disable all hardware and use only then soft panels. I will report after that. Can P3d v4.3 cause the problem. Maybe is the FMGS not compatible withe this version yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBon View Post
    Can P3d v4.3 cause the problem. Maybe is the FMGS not compatible withe this version yet?
    I think not, because I´ve used FMGS 50.2 with P3D 4.3 myself without any issues. It´s even comp. with v4.4 which I actually use

10+ Posting Member

I think i know now more. What happened is that the fuel suddenly change to zero in all fuel tanks. Therefore FMGS think that the engines are off and without engines there is no elec. After a while the fuel tanks get the right quantity again. Maybe somebody know why this happen.

that´s weird. It seems to be an issue of your SIM, rather than Jeehell FMGS. But this could be based on the hardware setup you use. Maybe there is one hidden offset that triggers the fuel quantity accidently. You should check the following:

1. Have you deleted all axes in P3D itself as it is recommended in the manual of Jeehell?
    2. If you disconnect your hardware except the Joystick, does the issue remain?
    3. Do you use any third party software for refuelling?

But there is even a good news: if you disable the "running out of fuel" option in the realism settings in P3D, you could avoid this issue stop you from flying until it´s solved.

You could even think about to update P3D to v4.4. Maybe this issue is gone after this because your Sim-setup is corrupted somehow.

reg.
    Bernd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast