Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A320 Sharklet Model

Hello dear cummunity

I know this topic has come up earlier on the forums but since the Project Airbus dev front, as far as i know, hasn't done any fsx Sharklet Version yet i thought i'd ask again.
    Is there a way to merge a sharklet exterior model to the FMGS?
    I tried a bunch of stuff with the Aerosoft Bus but ended my trials with the control surfaces not working.(exept for the Rudders) Also i had some issues iran in with the lighting and light controls.

Does anyone have any expirience with this?
    I know the effort is a little overkill just for an exterior model. But you know... A little nuts.

Best regards, Daniel

Re: A320 Sharklet Model

As I know, PA has done Sharkletversions for FSX and they can be found in the AVSIM-Library

but get those to work is complete different question. I´ve tried this already but in my P3D the aircraft is just invisible with the sharklet -mdl file.

I would already be happy if there would be an FMGS compatible visual model for the IAE-engine version. Because all visual models in Jeehell are showing the engines from CFM.

reg.
    Bernd
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Hey Bernd

For some reason i can't find any working sharklet Version for FSX. Only the FS9 ones that i didn't get to work.
    The neo looks so awesome. i wish there was an easy way to migrate the Aerosoft exterior model.
    That's as far as i got it into the existing fmgs aircraft.cfg:

I fly the cfm version but i thought you could just migrate the liveries and models from the offical IAE ones.

Regards, Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by bbruechmann View Post
    As I know, PA has done Sharkletversions for FSX and they can be found in the AVSIM-Library

but get those to work is complete different question. I´ve tried this already but in my P3D the aircraft is just invisible with the sharklet -mdl file.

I would already be happy if there would be an FMGS compatible visual model for the IAE-engine version. Because all visual models in Jeehell are showing the engines from CFM.

reg.
    Bernd

Quote Originally Posted by Dan320 View Post
    Hey Bernd

For some reason i can't find any working sharklet Version for FSX. Only the FS9 ones that i didn't get to work.
    The neo looks so awesome. i wish there was an easy way to migrate the Aerosoft exterior model.
    That's as far as i got it into the existing fmgs aircraft.cfg:

I fly the cfm version but i thought you could just migrate the liveries and models from the offical IAE ones.

Regards, Daniel
    Hi Dan,
    sorry for the late reply. It seems we have the same intention and the same issue. The way you thought can get it to work the same was mine.
    Because PA never developed their aircrafts for P3D, only for FS9 and FSX, logically I can´t understand why it´s not working just to change the aircraft.mdl file. Why do the models work properly which come with Jeehell. Those are also only models for FSX.

Maybe this tread will be seen someday by an Sim-Objects crack, who can give an advice how the config and the models are connected.

reg.
    Bernd

Now i have takled it out a little bit more and at least i got my different models working with Jeehell. In general you can say, that the visual model is farely independent from the aircraft.cfg and the *.air file for the particular aircraft. BUT...,and this is an important but, in case of the visual apearence of the controlsurfaces, there is a dependency, of course. This means, that in theory any mdl-file, which works in P3D or FSX, can be used for the Jeehell Aircrafts, like the Aerosoft ones, but you have to exspect issues with the visual apearances of those parts of the model which are defined or even controled by the aircraft.cfg.
    Because of this i have collected the different models for the A318 up to the A321 with CFM and IAE eninges which where desigend by Project Airbus for FSX (those are the only ones that P3D can work with instead of native P3D models which were never developed from PA)
    Now i have the different visual models i need for my Lufthansa/Eurowings fleet. Therefore i had a need for two different models for the A319, one with the CFM and one with the IAE engines. Because Eurowings has the A319 only with IAE in use and Lufthansa with both engine-configuration. The A321 is used only by Lufthansa with IAE engines. And the A320 by both carriers with only the CFM engines. The most timeconsuming part was, to get the right FSX-Models by PA and of course the corresponding repaints of those different models.
    But at least i have it in my hangar now and especially the Lufthansa A321 with IAE engines is a real beauty with 2048x2048 textures. The repaint was done by
    Phillip Hughes as i know. But there is another one by Stefan Bree for the D-AIRK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the perspective of Jean-Luc i can understand why he´s not desperate to get those models to work with Jeehell.
    Because, if you use the FMGS for what it was and is designed for, therefore in a real homecockpit, you should not even need any visual outside-view of the airplane. Because a real pilot normaly don´t jump out of his seat in flight and flies around his aircraft outside like Ironman to get impressed by the view of his plane.
    Because many of us like to do the Ironman, or just get heartwarming moments in just watching the GSX-Ground-services doing their stuff to our aircraft while on ground, would mean, that we are alone to get what we want. Sad, but true without any meaning of critisism. At least it is just possible with a little bunch of work and i thank JL that he left the FMGS that way open for those kind of adjustments.

...oh i forgot the main part:

Though this means we will NOT have a sharklet model, because there is just never one developed by PA for FSX nor P3D.

But there is also a little light on the horizon:

You could use the sharklet model by Aerosofts A320 i. ex. if you have this package. But in this case you would need to use their aircraft.cfg aswell. Therefore you have to go thru the aircraft.cfg and migrate this to Jeehell´ FBW by checking and customize the flight-physically parameters like flaps config etc. to familiarize them with the parameters JL´s cfg´s are using. And you would even need to use the Jeehell *air files instead of the Aerosoft ones. Because the flightphysics of those airfiles from jeehell are exspected by the FMGS FBW, Autopilotsettings and performance calculations.

25+ Posting Member

Hey Bernd

Now that is an in dept update! Sounds like i'm gonna fiddle around some more and try this out with the Aerosoft Bus as i started.. I always understood why Jean-Luc never invested time in this since it really is a play around visual thing for people like us.

Thanks for your research.

Daniel

25+ Posting Member

I am reading this with much interest, though I am using Project Magenta. But I too would like to have the sharklet A320's back in P3D4. Many moons ago I have fiddled around with the Aerosoft bus (not the present version) but could not get it to work with my setup. Too many things are in the mdl and not in the cfg (or air ?).
    Erhard in Thailand

10+ Posting Member

Hallo to all who love to fly a Sharklet- Model.On the Project Airbus Forum there can be found a new inofficial Mod with Sharklet for all Project Airbus Models for FSX and P3d.http://talk.pafs.wf/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3218#p32719 Look for the last post...Works fine with Jeehell on the first look! Happy easter!

11. Thanks asessa thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast