Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

landing gear lever and sd behavior, strange route on nd

Hello everybody, this is my fisrt post in this forum,
    at first: jeehell is a great job! many thanks to the developer.

I completed most of my home cockpit conversion
    towards jeehell and I'm very satisfied (opencockipi MCDU, Cp FLight FCU, Arduino driven hardware etcc.)!

I have two problems that I can not solve and I ask for help (FMGS B50.2 and p3d v4).

The first one is for the Landing Gear lever:
    i have assigned the command to retract / extend the Landing gear
    and the Landing gear effectively retract and extend accordly to the lever position. the problem is
    during the interval of time that is necessary to the Landing gaer in order to complete the retraction/extension:
    i'am expecting to see the SD switched to WHEEL page in both case showing the retraction/extension phase,
    but it does not happen. what am I doing wrong?

The second problem is more difficult to explain:
    the route planned in the ND is simply "strange" and the Aircraft attempt to follow the "strange" route, causing
    FCU disconnecting.
    in the attached image i draw an example (i'am at work now and i can't make a screenshot from my HomeCockpit)

all the navigation data from navigraph (latest Airac) are installed in the main pc and in the client pc,
    can someone point me in the right direction for solving the problem?

thank you in avdance.
    Sorry for my bad english
    Attached Images Attached Images

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: landing gear lever and sd behavior, strange route on nd

Welcome Claudio!

i'am expecting to see the SD switched to WHEEL page in both case showing the retraction/extension phase,
    but it does not happen. what am I doing wrong?
    The systems in JH really go by the book to a great extent, so if you suspect something doesn't work the way you expect, please confirm it first with an actual pilot manual or a video of the actual plane. Sometimes there are minor differences based on different versions of the systems or customizations enabled for customers (airlines) which are not reflected in JH, but in most cases JH is right and as you can see, the WHEEL page doesn't seem to appear while the landing gear is being deployed.

the route planned in the ND is simply "strange" and the Aircraft attempt to follow the "strange" route, causing
    FCU disconnecting.
    While there are occasionally some problems with the displayed route on the ND, in most cases the plane flies correctly as programmed on the MCDU. I've personally never seen the AP going off because of a broken route, so maybe you've found a bug. Get the exact route, navdata version, plane load, etc and when that happens for JL to replicate and fix it.

25+ Posting Member

Hello, thank you for your time,

For the first problem: i will check FCOM in order to verify if the behavior must be what i'am expecting, my report is only
    based in my experience with other airbus (for xplane for example the latest A320 ultimate) so i'am not sure.

For the second one i give you the step for reproduce (i was able to reproduce the issue this morning)
    THE FLIGHT: little test flight that i use for hardware testing , very short:
    from LIMF (torino caselle - italy) to LIMJ (genova airport) flight level 150, cost index 35
    started from engine running, not from cold and dark.
    the route: LIMF take off from runway 36, than MF401 (waypoint), MF404 (waypoint), TOP (vor), SES (vor), IXITO (waypoint),
    GIKUT (waypoit) in order to intercept ILS28Z Genova Airport. AIRAC cycle 1813 from navigraph

this is what i ddi:

1. in the init page of MCDU: LIMF/LIMJ inserted, IRS align (in the scratchpad i can see 'nav accur upgrdae', etc..)
    cost index 35 , and FL150 inserted
    2. in the Flight Plan Page: departure rwy 36 selected, no sid (the point MF401,MF404, TOP are in reality part of SID , if i insert the SID instead of the waypoint one to one, the result is the same)
    3. MF401 inserted, MF404 inserted, TOP inserted, SES inserted, IXITO inserted, GIKUT inserted, LIMJ rwy 28 ILSz selected no star,
    flight pln discontinuity deleted.

until this moment, as you can see in the picture below all is correct, the TMPYFPLN is correct.

OK, NOW I GO to fuel pred page (i cannot access to init b page because engine is running)
    and i inserted manually ZFW and CG suggested from Louis Gordo istructor station (in my case, but if you insert the
    values from another source there are no differences), at the exact moment I did it, that's what happened:

this is very strange!
    I'm making some mistakes in the data entry sequence in the MCDU?
    Thank you in advance
    Claudio

25+ Posting Member

Hello, thanks for your time.

For the first question: i will check FCOM in order to verify my report that is based only on my
    previous experience in flying other Airbus (like for example jardesig or ultimate FF for xplane)

For the second: this morning i have reproduced the issue with this steps

Flight: very short from LIMF (Torino Caselle - Italy) to LIMJ (Genova -Italy) with Navigraph Airac Cycle 1813.
    Flight plan: take off rwy 36, MF401 (Waypoint),MF404 (Waypoint) ,TOP(VOR), SES (VOR), IXITO (Waypoint) , GIKUT (Waypoint),
    intercept ILS rwy 28 LIMJ. Crusie at FL 150

I use this very short flight for hardware testing purpose only, starting with engine running.

Step 1
    init page filled with LIMF/LIMJ, irs aligned properly, cost index 35, FL150.

Step 2
    Fpln page: rwy departure 36 selected, no sid (even if the MF401-MF404-TOP is the SID TOP8A, if i insert SID or waypoint
    one to one the result of the following part don’t change)
    Inserted MF401,inserted MF404, inserted TOP vor,Inserted SES vor,
    inserted IXITO,inserted GIKUT, Arrival airport LIMJ, rwy 28 selected ILS Z, fpln discontinuty deleted.
    At this point as you can see in the picture below all is correct
    in the tmpy flight plan displayed in the nd

Now i open page FUEL PRED in the mcdu, is the only way to insert the zfw and cg,
    because i can’t inserti t in the init b page that is not accessible due to engine running.
    I confirmed the zfw and cg (suggested by Luis Gordo instruction station, but i have inserted manually),
    here is what happened to the track on nd immediately

​This is very strange, probably i make a mistake in the data entry sequence in the MCDU ?
    I don’t know . Any suggestion ? you can reproduce this behavior ?
    Thank in advance.
    Claudio

25+ Posting Member

Hello, i wrote two time for a better explanation, but i don't know why notihing appears on the thread

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioCosta View Post
    Hello, i wrote two time for a better explanation, but i don't know why notihing appears on the thread
    I can read this but nothing else, would you want to try again?

25+ Posting Member

Hello, thanks for your time.
    I try another time to write:
    I suspect that theanswer was not loaded in the thread because of the images, so I replaced themwith links.

For the first question: i will check FCOM in orderto verify my report that is based only on my previous experience in flyingother Airbus (like for example jardesig or ultimate FF for xplane)

For the second: i have reproduced theissue with this steps

Flight: very short from LIMF (Torino Caselle -Italy) to LIMJ (Genova -Italy) with Navigraph Airac Cycle 1813.
    Flight plan: take off rwy 36, MF401(Waypoint),MF404 (Waypoint) ,TOP(VOR), SES (VOR), IXITO (Waypoint) , GIKUT(Waypoint), intercept ILS rwy 28 LIMJ. Crusie at FL 150
    I use this very short flight for hardware testingpurpose only, starting with engine running.

Step 1
    init page filled with LIMF/LIMJ, irs alignedproperly, cost index 35, FL150.
    Step 2
    Fpln page: rwy departure 36 selected, no sid (evenif the MF401-MF404-TOP is the SID TOP8A, if i insert SID or waypoint one to onethe result of the following part don’t change)
    Inserted MF401,inserted MF404, inserted TOPvor,Inserted SES vor, inserted IXITO,inserted GIKUT, Arrival airport LIMJ, rwy28 selected ILS Z, fpln discontinuty deleted.
    At this point as you can see in the picture belowall is correct in the tmpy flight plan displayed in the nd

http://www.softhillsrl.com/immagini/001.jpg

Now i open page FUEL PRED in the mcdu, is the onlyway to insert the zfw and cg, because i can’t inserti t in the init b page thatis not accessible due to engine running.
    I confirmed the zfw and cg (suggested by Luis Gordoinstruction station, but i have inserted manually), here is what happened tothe track on nd immediately

http://www.softhillsrl.com/immagini/002.jpg

even if in the FPLN page of the MCDU all seemscorrect as you can see:

http://www.softhillsrl.com/immagini/003.jpg

This is very strange, probably i make a mistake inthe data entry sequence in the MCDU ?
    I don’t know . Any suggestion ? you can reproducethis behavior ?
    Thank in advance.
    Claudio

25+ Posting Member

i have just re-inserted, but i see this "
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    "
    i don't know why
    only explanation with image link of my nd.

150+ Forum Groupie

That's probably because you're new to the forum and some of the content (maybe links?) you added are considered spam. Maybe if you send just the text and then either try to edit to add the rest or add them as broken links in another post it will work. Eventually someone should accept the messages but I don't know how much that would take.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

There are some route drawing issues in some circumstances. Next release will address a good number of those issues hoepfully.
    Just need to wait a bit...
    regards
    JL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast