Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Intercom problem

I use A320 FMGS B50.2 with Intercom.exe and Skalarki ACPs:
    In my system there is one persistent bug:
    As soon as I engage the PTT of the stick (with VHF1 "CALL" on my ACP active for transmitting to online ATC), the Intercom connection to the other crew member comes open as long as the PTT is engaged even when the Intercom is switched "off" with the INT/RAD switch on ACP or is muted by the INT poti of the other ACP. This is very annoying and disturbing for the other crew member, as it leads to an echo effect, when he is also listening to VHF1 (what he should do!). This malfunction comes in both directions, as soon as CPT engages his PTT, the FO has to listen to CPT´s microphone via Intercom in addition to the VHF1. As soon as FO engages his PTT, the CPT has to listen to FO´s microphone via Intercom in addition to the VHF1. The buttons on the ACPs are configured properly in Skalarki Proflier´s profile. Seems the INT/RAD switch is intentionally configured to switch the Intercom connection on/off. The stick-PTTs are configured properly in FMGS_v4-Config.exe. I configured them with "Push event" for "Button Push action" and with "Release event" for "Button Release action".
    In my opinion there should be a function, which
    > does not open the Intercom connection to the other pilot independant from the INT configurations, when VHF1 "CALL" is active and PTT is engaged,
    > in addition closes the Intercom connection to the other pilot, even when the Intercom is configured "on" and "loud/not muted", as long as the PTT button is engaged.
    Do other users of the Intercom.exe recognize the same behaviour? Is there something wrong in my configuration?
    THX in advance for any help!
    Regards Rainer

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Intercom problem

The behavior you describe is normal. You MUST hear what the other crew says on the radio channel if you have Rx ON, you cannot only hear what the ATC says... Piloting is not leaving half the flight crew out of the cockpit....

3. Thanks Beaufort thanked for this post

Re: Intercom problem

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    ... Piloting is not leaving half the flight crew out of the cockpit....
    lol...sometimes it could be better to do so
    Checked it once more and you´re absolutely right. My Co hears me ONLY via the connection Intercom.exe opens as soon and as long as I transmit, NOT as I thought in addition from the ATC channel (in my case vPilot, the VATSIM client), which is absolutely o.k.
    The echo effect comes from the latency of the transmission via the digital soundsystem and the fact that it is still not loud enough in my Homecockpit to prevent that my Co can still hear me speaking directly "via air", which has no latency. You won´t be able to do anything to prevent this. Sorry for my error, absolutely my fault.
    Regards Rainer