Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Great work JL - Thank you!

Bonjour JeanLuc, (why do i have a famous captain of the USS Enterprise in mind ?!?) …anyway,
    I writethese words because you have impressed me with your software on one hand andwith your passion how you support us and our hobby on the other one.
    After a12-year break I came back on Flightsimulation last year. In 2003 i started tobuild my A320 cockpit. At that time there were not much plug-in solutionsavailable for that task, so you had to build a lot by DIY. Well I used the alsogreat (and only at that time) softwaresuite for the A320 PM from Enrico, andAST aswell. But all the electronics and panels need to be build DIY even with theformer hardware from Peter Cos from FDS. After 3 years of spending 95 % of mylittle freetime for building instead of flying I sold my cockpit in parts but Inever lost this dream completely.
    Since lastyear I started again from scratch, but now I do first a lot of constructionplanningin CAD to make the build a lot faster and easier. I´am really happy with whatis available on the market meanwhile, especially for the hardware. I put allthis into account so mainly there is only the cockpitshell left to build DIY.
    Meanwhileuntil my plannings are finished I have build my rudimental cockpitsetup with aserver for P3D v4 and a second lowbudget PC with 5 monitors plus the MCDU fromSkarlarki for all the systems of the A 320 which are represented by yourJeehell FMGS. Believe it or not, you don´t need more PC. FMGS is running stableand smooth as dedicated server. And to be honest, the computers in the originalAirbus have much less power as an actual today Office-PC.
    As deeper Igo into all this as more I get impressed what you have created. And one of thebest thing: it´s costless!! Incroyable.
    To go evendeeper into the A320 systems I have got some manuals from Airbus and one ofthem is an original manual from Thales-Group who´s the supplier for the MCDUand computersystems for the original aircraft. At my Beginning, when I was not went too deepinto your FMGS I´ve read in that manual that i. ex. the Flitghtplan can becopied as secondary what pilots are teached to have an alternative if theconditions are changed at the destination and they need a quick alternate likea different runway procedure and so on. Back on my PC i´ve tested this in yourFMGS and it is there and works! Of course you know this, but this is reallywhat makes your day and motivate you to go deeper into the simulated systems.Great.
    There mustbe a connection that you´re from France and most of the innovating Engineeringat Airbus was triggered by the French engineers like the idea of the clean andvery clear cockpitconcept which was introduced with the A320-family, the nolights-no-problem-concept, crew awareness, sidestick and the cockpit-layout-similarityover the different types.
    C'étaitune affaire pour moi de vous dire mon appréciation et mes remerciements.
    Andthat you do such a lot to make for all of us this hobby « as real as it´sgets «
    Sincèrementand regards
    Bernd

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Great work JL - Thank you!

Hi Bernd

Thanks for the kind words.

Jean Luc