View Poll Results: what maximum money you would be willing to pay for an IOS?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • <100€

18 52.94%
  • <200€

11 32.35%
  • <500€

6 17.65%
  • <1000€

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Instructor station

Hello,

There has been quite some demand for an IOS for some time now.

Some of you are probably aware a commercial version version of my software is available.
    This version allows use in a commercial environment, and is obviously payware and rather on the expensive side.

I have one major problem with a free or low cost version of the IOS, which is the evident self-harming fact a lot of commercial users will use that low cost version for a commercial venue (this is already happening with the current freeware version).

I am currently considering launching a such low cost version of the IOS.
    Of course, it will have less features as the full commercial one. For what it's worth, the commercial one brings enough features to reach EASA FNPT2/MCC level. This is not something I want to be possible without my consent on a low cost version of the software.

So the aim of this topic is to retrieve your feedback on what kind of pricing would be acceptable for my core users.

I would like to give you a detailed feature set, but this is not yet available.
    It will have a bit of all systems (so of course an engine fail, of course some HYD fail, ELEC etc..).

So, you can throw here some ideas etc... Does not mean I will implement that, but I will of course consider all interesting options.

I also appreciate your honesty in terms of what you would be willing to pay for this kind of payware software (it will NOT be free, though the free version will stay as is).

Best regards
    Jean Luc

Re: Instructor station

This is fantastic news and something many of your users have desired - thank you for the consideration;

I am sure your many users here will provide you with some constructive feedback.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Jean-Luc,

first of all, I think it's a great idea to provide an IOS!!

If we consider the following:
    - JL FMGS is a high quality software
    - JL FMGS is freeware

Then I think it would be absolutetly fair for the users to pay at least a minimum of 200 Euros for an instructor station. Most people don't know what it means to develop software and how complex it can be. If we compare to the B737 party - they have to buy commercial FMGS software for around 1000 Euros...

Less than 100 is absolutely no option! My feeling is at 249 / 299 ... still very cheap, but also not too much so more people may consider to buy it.

Best regards,
    Marco

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Jean-Luc,

first, big thank you for your continue hard work on your FMGS System, that has become a really really great software over time and I use your software since 5 Years!!?!!
    For me it's a shame that commercial simulators that make a lot of money do not want to pay anything for your commercial version. They should be ashamed. But its the today "Stinginess makes awesome thinking".
    For me personally is a Instructor Station not important, because the most time I fly Online on IVAO without any Engine Fire etc. but some other Features would be interesting. Depend what is integrated in your Instructor Station I will pay between 100 and 250€.
    Nice Features and Ideas:
    *Engine Fire Actions
    *Doors Open/Close
    *Moving the Aircraft on the Ground (to another Gate for example)
    *Approach Training
    *Hydraulic Fail
    *I do not know if that's feasible: But an implemented control for GSX would be terrific. (Maybe it´s a bit easier with GSX Level 2) and its also not so interesting for the commercial users here.
    *A world map on which the flight plan, occupied ATC stations (IVAO, VATSIM) and the flown route is shown. Possibly also other aviators from the respective network. Garnished with a cream dab AIRAC which can be updated via Navigraph.

This would be only some ideas and maybe I shoot a little bit over the target. Sorry for that.
    Looking forward to your Version and your next FMGS Updates.
    All the best
    Florian

25+ Posting Member

Perhaps one thing that’s worth noting is that fs-flightcontrol already provides limited failures for your software as well as a host of other nice features for a reasonable price. It also provides an iOS/Android connection to your smartphone/tablet. From my own personal perspective, a cut down instructor station would be in competition with fs-flightcontrol.

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/

Kind regards,
    Darren
    Last edited by imported_Suggy; 08-08-2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Added Android connections (as well as iO) and URL.

At the moment the interest is not very big on my side, because I always have a problem that caused by myself or because something is unstable in my simulator. If my system ran absolutely stable then it would be something else. But that's just a snapshot.

This instructor station should offer the possibility to generate problems automatically. It would otherwise always needed a second person who sets the problem like a professional training. It would not be so demanding if I set the problems myself. I would already know then what to expect.

7. Likes Knoepflesdruecker liked this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

I do not need an instructor station but I'd be willing to pay something in the range of 100 euros as a recognition of JL's efforts up to now for the FMGS freeware version.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by spiliot View Post
    I do not need an instructor station but I'd be willing to pay something in the range of 100 euros as a recognition of JL's efforts up to now for the FMGS freeware version.
    I second that.

10+ Posting Member

An instruction station would be a fantastic add-on to your software package. A price of EUR > 200 and < 500 would seem justified, depending on the feature set.

Depending on the outcome, one possibility could be to offer IOS Features in Tiers, i.e.
    - Base Feature Set - for EUR xxx
    - Advanced Feature Set - for EUR yyy
    - Even More Advanced (Full) Feature Set - for EUR zzz

An even more flexible (but also complicated) approach would be to allow users buying additional features on a feature-by-feature basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoepflesdruecker View Post
    If we compare to the B737 party - they have to buy commercial FMGS software for around 1000 Euros...

Less than 100 is absolutely no option! My feeling is at 249 / 299 ... still very cheap, but also not too much so more people may consider to buy it.

Best regards,
    Marco
    The competition is at 1500 euro; my feeling is there should be a charge even for the 'basic' FMGS software as an incentive for Jean Luc to further develop his software, and perhaps even on a ?full time basis.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast