Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

OpenSky / ADSB-EX Datas as second Datasource

Hi Niko,
    is it possible to implement the Opensky ADSB-Ex as alternative datasource? I know, the Quality is not the best, but its Freeware. The Realtraffic pricing is definetely to expensive for me (and a lot of other users), so I have to quit my PSXSeeconTraffic usage next month, what will making me really sad! Im a user since the begining, spent hours to create Airport.txt-files for me and provided them to the communiy for free.
    I tried the Lorby-SI Tool, far away from the PSXSeeconTraffic experience, but not to bad. The Simulator AI-Traffic Feature is also interesting. For my opinion your tool is the best traffictool anyway, but the realtraffic-pricing is much to high (I know about the argumentaton, Data-fees and infrastructure).

Best wishes
    Andre

http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: OpenSky / ADSB-EX Datas as second Datasource

Hi Andre,
    Quote Originally Posted by airlinetycoon View Post
    is it possible to implement the Opensky ADSB-Ex as alternative datasource?
    No I'm afraid not. I'd miss a lot of the functionality that RealTraffic provides. That's why RealTraffic does not come for free...

Quote Originally Posted by airlinetycoon View Post
    the realtraffic-pricing is much to high (I know about the argumentaton, Data-fees and infrastructure).
    That depends what you want to spend for your hobby. Every hobby costs money, be it motor cycle riding, playing golf, learning to play the flute, going to the movies or concerts, ... it's all about what you want to do with your money.

I would hate to see you go, but I cannot do much about it. My programs are free, I've put maybe 1,5 to 2 man years work in it... The total package, RealTraffic + PSXseeconTraffic + AILGenerator + ParkPosGenerator, is not expensive at all in my opinion, but it is of course your decision.

Do note that you can still use your airport files and PSXseeconTrraffic, just de-select Live aircraft and you do not need RealTraffic.

Kind regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 07-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.