150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Windows 10 update 1803

The latest big update to Windows 10 is causing a lot of issues from the number of posts in Microsoft support forums.. Yesterday I kept losing my PFD and ND displays with error message regarding lack of RAM and resources. There is an issue with virtual memory size which I suspect may be causing the problem. My Photoshop was rendered useless by this issue and Adobe gave me the fix which I will test on my Jeehell computers.
    Anybody else having problems like this?
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Windows 10 update 1803

Perhaps the OVH error is related to the Windows Update.

The update affected by brand new Surface Pro 4G - it had a 6000p intel harddrive rendering the whole system unusable. Doesn't MS bug test their software before forcing updates?

I returned the Surface - I think I will be going for Apple for my portable needs once again.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

I rolled back from 1803 update and all my displays are working again.
    PC now keeps telling me I should install 1803 but no way!
    I am turning off updates on all cockpit PC's.
    Barry

500+ This must be a daytime job

Barry,
    Suggest you do a search, as just turning off Updates in Windows 10 will not work permanently. It will just get turned
    back on at some point. That's why a lot of us will not go to win 10. Because of this arrogance of MS.
    Les

150+ Forum Groupie

Les
    Not sure what you are suggesting I search for? I am hoping that eventually the bugs in this particular update will get sorted. I take your point about not moving to W10, life has not been good since XP. I moved via W7 but I am looking ahead, support for W7 will cease soon. MS have to get everyone onto registered copies of Windows so that they can then make the updates subscription. (Like Adobe). They could not do this on XP and W7. My thinking was to get it over with but clearly that is not a bed of roses either. The only way we can get off Windows is to get all of the software houses to use another platform. Graphics or music professionals don't have to use Windows as their key software tools are designed to work on Mac. So we need FMGS, FSUIPC, Orbx, HiFi simulations, VATSIM etc etc to all rewrite for Mac!! It is these guys who are making us use Windows. Trouble is that as an octogenarian I can't wait that long for the same reason I don't buy green bananas!
    Barry
    www.a30sim.com

500+ This must be a daytime job

Barry,
    What i meant by search was that some people have found a way of permanently stopping updates. Not certain that
    this is possible though. Like all things MS gets to hear about these workarounds and then sneaks these undoes,
    unknown to the user. In the end they win. So for as long as i can stay with Win 7 i will.
    If you have go win 10 then then regular imaging is the way to go. As sometimes in the past i have found trying to go back before updates it has not always worked.
    I just short of my 70's so hopefully my sim will be good enough without having to go with a so called 'Subscription" fiasco. I do not agree with companies milking me for what they are worth. Mac will probably go the
    same way in the end. They are all tared with the same brush.
    By the way i am constantly using your site for ideas and help while i do my A320 Sim. It has been absolutely
    great and thanks.
    Les

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I would like a java based rewrite so we can run on any machine, see aerowinx for example
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.