Double post....sorry

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B50

Hi
    I've noticed recently that O, S and F speeds on MCDU PERF page, aren't the same with ones on speed tape of PFD. The differences aren't insignificant. As you can see in that case Vf=144 on speed tape and Vf=130 on MCDU, even smaller than VLS=131. Could this happen?
    The speeds that are same between PFD and MCDU are Vapp and VLS. This happens at every flight.
    What is my mistake? Topcat configuration maybe?
    Regards

Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hmm it could be a weight issue. PFD displays FAC computed speeds, MCDU displays FMGS computed ones.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hmm it could be a weight issue. PFD displays FAC computed speeds, MCDU displays FMGS computed ones.
    Let me tell you what I do: First I choose random weights in Topcat and suggesting fuel blocks, secondly send these settings to P3D and then I enter settings manually in MCDU.
    I'll try to input settings automatically from INIT page 2, because there are differences...
    Do you think I should try something else?
    Thanks JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL,

I have updated (reinstalled) the latest version of your software, also updated Skalarki Profiles to the latest version, simulator is P3D v2.5.

Everything is working fine, except one thing: Radar Contact always complains that I do not have the right altitude/flight level. With the help of Flightkeeper I was able to figure out that approx. every minute the altimeter is set to 1013, after a short time it's set to 1026 again (for example), and this is going through the whole flight, also already on ground.

I stopped every addon to find out which one is the one interfering, but it came out that there is no other addon which is doing that. When I have only P3D and FMGS running, it's still happening. When I stop "FSX Connect.exe", Flightkeeper no longer records changes of altimeter. When I restart it again, its starting all over again.

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi JL,

I have not been around here for some time. However, we’ve used to be in contact since 2012 about your awesome FMGS. I have not been siming for quite a while. Simply because there was not the time nor the required hardware available. Things have changed and I’ve started to run my sim again.

I’ve tried your software lately and I am really impressed by the progress from FMGS b28, which I have used the last time.

REALLY GREAT!

I hope it’s still ok to report some bugs/questions here:

• PFD speedtapes end with max speed and shows the lower speed tape end (starting at zero knots) again… like a looped tape
    • Sometimes I get and ARMED (blue) DES mode while already in G/S
    • Sometimes I see an AMRED (blue) ALT mode after ROLL OUT. Can that be after landing?
    • no reason for a “GLIDE SLOPE” callout past the runway threshold, i.e. after too long flare or go around. Is that correct?
    • predicted turn radius on waypoints are very often not ending tangential to the next WP track
    • Question: Is the takeoff runway white bar symbol really kept on the NDs throughout the flight, or will it be deleted liked Waypoints that have been passed? Just looks strange when you land at the same airport but different runway because both runways are then shown.
    • Missing red down warning arrow Output for Landing Gear Lever

General Questions:
    I am using OEM parts. That means, I have i.e. to power the LG lever solenoid to put the LG lever from down in up position. Are you going to add some additional signal states as output for:

• simulating LG Lever Lock solenoid – i.e. lock on ground
    • CPT and FO Sidestick solenoids
    • Output offsets for different Elec. Buses to properly simulate power on/off states for various systems like MCDUs, panel Backlights, Floodlights, FCU power .... also during some failure senarios which affect electrical buses....

What is your way forward? I read about an Instructor Station for the free version?

Kind regards to you and to the few people who still remember me... Lenonidas?
    JL, again a big thank you for this incredible work and your effort!

Rob

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Let me tell you what I do: First I choose random weights in Topcat and suggesting fuel blocks, secondly send these settings to P3D and then I enter settings manually in MCDU.
    I'll try to input settings automatically from INIT page 2, because there are differences...
    Do you think I should try something else?
    Thanks JL
    Solved!
    It was just 9 tons the difference... these ones. I don't know what it is...

Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

@Leonidas: these are for some CG/balance trick in the flight model, you should never touch them. There were some Topcat files around at some point, though I can't help as i dont use it myself.

@Stefan: I hope next release will solve that issue.

@Rob: welcome back;
    Some of your issues should/may be corrected in next release.
    However, for hardware interface I will not add so many FSUIPC offsets, this is not really a convenient interface for such advanced I/O.
    I might add some of them in SIOC, FDS or other interfaces. if you use a lot of OEM parts, try to get in contact with Chris Paulus @Cockpit Concept, he may be able to help you out.

Next release may come soon, but I have some missing stuff I need, and which I do not have control over, for the release to be in a proper state... So I do not have any ETA yet....
    Regards
    JL

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    @Leonidas: these are for some CG/balance trick in the flight model, you should never touch them. There were some Topcat files around at some point, though I can't help as i dont use it myself.
    Regards
    JL
    I didn't touch them in P3D, I simply add 9 more tones to DOW of Topcat model sharing in this forum. If I remember right It was 33.5 and now is 42.5. After that UPLINK and Topcat load to INIT page 2 the same weights.
    Regards