150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B50

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    These are almost as mine.
    [...]but during approach I should deploy flaps 2 from about 201-203 knots (orange =) to S speed at about usually 196-198 knots on PFD, only 3-7 knots gap, little when no stabilized (eg. in turbulence)! So, I pull to selected speed and set the MCDU S speed value about 186-190 knots, and when speed drops enough then deploy flaps 2. I don't know if this is right...
    Thanks a lot for feedback.
    I don't know why you are so confused about S Speed / the small gap. This speed is only important when you are NOT in Conf 1 and therefore slats are not deployed.
    S speed is the lowest speed to select flaps 0 (during climb). While descending it's the "opposite": When you are not in Config 1 (in other words clean) you have to set Flaps 1 at least at S Speed. With Flaps 1 you can come below S speed without any problems.

Similar with F Speed
    F Speed is Minimum Flap Retraction Speed while climbing. That means on Approach that you must have Config 2 (flaps deployed) at F Speed.

If you go to the next Flap Lever Position at VFE next, F und S are only a kind of last warning speeds.
    So far my understanding.

Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    S speed is the lowest speed to select flaps 0 (during climb). While descending it's the "opposite": When you are not in Config 1 (in other words clean) you have to set Flaps 1 at least at S Speed. With Flaps 1 you can come below S speed without any problems.
    Regards
    Yes you can my friend, but let's say we want to fly managed speed, no selected. So in that case we usually set flaps 1 at green dot speed, at about 205-210 Knots. Right? Besides, you can't see any S speed in PFD if you fly with clean configuration.
    Regards

Hi, happy new year to all forumers.
    Yesterday i had a fast test of B50 and i noted the AUTOLAND LIGHT on glearshield it's always light on (blinking).

It occurs only if i have the FO Efis connected

Any idea?
    Regards
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Yes you can my friend, but let's say we want to fly managed speed, no selected. So in that case we usually set flaps 1 at green dot speed, at about 205-210 Knots. Right? Besides, you can't see any S speed in PFD if you fly with clean configuration.
    Regards
    You can set flaps 1 a soon as the aircraft has passed the first amber = (VFE next)! 205-210 kts may be a bit late but possible.
    Yes, you can't see any S speed if you fly in clean configuration. But if this fact annoys you, you have to complain to Airbus Ind.

Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    You can set flaps 1 a soon as the aircraft has passed the first amber = (VFE next)! 205-210 kts may be a bit late but possible.
    Yes, you can't see any S speed if you fly in clean configuration. But if this fact annoys you, you have to complain to Airbus Ind.
    Regards
    Agree. So, after that you should set Flaps 2, right? The next VFE for me is usual 200-205. The PFD S speed about 197-199. This was the little gap I was talking about. If you want to set Flaps 2 in speed managed, you have to do it between these values, but if there wasn't such a difference between PFD and MCDU PERF for S speed, then this gap would be bigger to deploy Flaps 2.

But this isn't the problem. If there's some turbulence you should pull to selected speed and drop speed even more below S speed, as you said correctly. The problem for my point of view is that while there's such a difference between S and F speed, there is no difference for Green Dot, Vapp and Vls. These speeds are excactly the same between PFD and MCDU PERF. Weird, isn't it?

That was the initial point we're talking about. That's why when I fly these days I'll load the A/C manually, (transfering these weights to TopCat for calculating V1,Vr and V2), to see what happens with S and F speeds from PFD and MCDU PERF (or FAC and FMGS actually).

Regards

150+ Forum Groupie

But this isn't the problem
    This shouldn't ever be a problem. You're the one who's supposed to be flying the aircraft, including controlling the speed. The clean, S and F speeds are speeds that produce the more economic flying and best transition but not your "must meet" target. If your weight or other conditions call for different speeds then just select them! I can tell you from first hand experience that pilots do this all the time when on an approach they want to be between S and F because S is too fast and F too slow. They just pull and set 160-180 as needed. This makes the plane have less energy when you anticipate the transition to flaps 2, where you can go back to managed.

BTW, I noticed another weird issue, when on an idle open descent, usually with speedbrake on but not necessarily, the PROG page briefly flashes EO (Engine Out) DESCENT for no reason.

https://streamable.com/s/lh1wg/ihuyal

7. Likes Leonidas liked this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by spiliot View Post
    BTW, I noticed another weird issue, when on an idle open descent, usually with speedbrake on but not necessarily, the PROG page briefly flashes EO (Engine Out) DESCENT for no reason.

https://streamable.com/s/lh1wg/ihuyal
    I need to know at which altitude/temeprature/QNh this happens. It seems the engine parameters in these conditions are below the minimum idle conditions for FWC to detect an engine out...

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    I need to know at which altitude/temeprature/QNh this happens. It seems the engine parameters in these conditions are below the minimum idle conditions for FWC to detect an engine out...
    Got it on descend through FL190 @290Knots and TAT-10, SAT-30, ISA-6, STD QNH, later at 6500ft/250Knots with TAT+14/SAT+4/ISA+3 QNH 1004 and both Engine Anti Ice on. Stopped looking after that cause there was a thunderstorm close to the airport and had to concentrate on the approach

Other possible relevant info, simpatcher 50.2 showing in addon menu plus an "airfile ok" entry that hadn't noticed before. ActiveSky weather, P3D 4.4 and the option for adapting the alt based on QNH off cause I fly in VATSIM.

Hi JL,

I have used SIOC creator to display XPNDR. But when I press on any XPNDR 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,0 on keypad (those joystick button has been assigned in FMGS_Config), nothing changed in display. only CLR button has changed something. Could you please advise if FMGS XPNDR can write to FSX/P3D transponder after finishing enter completely 4 digits?
    I just realized that there are no XPNDR in SoftwarePanels to see xpndr display
    Thanks

25+ Posting Member

Hi!
    You have to press CLR twice an d then enter new XPNDR code.
    Its not a bug, its a feature

br
    Christian