Thread: A320 FMGS B50

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B50

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    it has been discussed many times. in my soft, the P3D DOW is artificially set lower (by 20000lbs) for CG/moment tweaking. this is countered by two additional loading stations called "adjustement" which will make the final GW "correct".
    You Must not change the values of these 2 stations NOR let Topcat do it. As DOW use the regular 42500kg/93695lbs.
    Thank you very much for further explanations.

Yes, I remember these discussions. But as I still use FSX I am not really involved in that topic, aren't I? It's probably the reason why the discussion between Leonidas (P3D) and me (FSX) was destined to fail.

Anyway, everything is fine for me even not being able to load the Airbus at its max.

Regards

2. Thanks startrail thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Aerodynamics engine is strictly identical in FSX and P3D so yes it does ALSO apply to you

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    Thank you very much for further explanations.
    Yes, I remember these discussions. But as I still use FSX I am not really involved in that topic, aren't I? It's probably the reason why the discussion between Leonidas (P3D) and me (FSX) was destined to fail.
    Anyway, everything is fine for me even not being able to load the Airbus at its max.
    Regards
    Could you please answer my previous question whenever you fly again? Compare S and F speeds between MCDU PERF and PFD speed tape and feedback. Or anyone else of course...
    Thanks a lot

300+ Forum Addict

I'd like to mention something happens every time to me.
    So, when after take off but before transition altitude make a DIR TO a waypoint, CRZ setting in MCDU PROG page got white dashed, (no cruise altitude there anymore) and QNH in PFD doesn't blink to change it to STD when reaching transition altitude. If I input CRZ by hand, then QNH start to blink. Why?
    Regards

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Aerodynamics engine is strictly identical in FSX and P3D so yes it does ALSO apply to you
    All clear! Thanks again!

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Could you please answer my previous question whenever you fly again? Compare S and F speeds between MCDU PERF and PFD speed tape and feedback. Or anyone else of course...
    Thanks a lot
    Yes, of course! But probably not within the next few days.

8. Thanks Leonidas thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Thanks a lot
    Here my speeds.

PERF/Appr page vs PFD Speed Tape
    F= 143 vs 146
    S= 190 vs 194
    O= 206 vs 206

As you have no exact digits on PFD speed tape for F, S and O it's reasonable to consider a deviation of approx +/- 1 kt.

Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    Here my speeds.
    PERF/Appr page vs PFD Speed Tape
    F= 143 vs 146
    S= 190 vs 194
    O= 206 vs 206
    As you have no exact digits on PFD speed tape for F, S and O it's reasonable to consider a deviation of approx +/- 1 kt.
    Regards
    These are almost as mine.
    In post #224 JL says: "PFD displays FAC computed speeds, MCDU displays FMGS computed ones". Probably this explains the 3-4 knots difference, but during approach I should deploy flaps 2 from about 201-203 knots (orange =) to S speed at about usually 196-198 knots on PFD, only 3-7 knots gap, little when no stabilized (eg. in turbulence)! So, I pull to selected speed and set the MCDU S speed value about 186-190 knots, and when speed drops enough then deploy flaps 2. I don't know if this is right...
    Thanks a lot for feedback.

150+ Forum Groupie

Just to add to the conversation, I manually load the aircraft and I've never seen any discrepancy or flying issues. Adding load and fuel via the FS menu is less convenient than pressing a button but still just a matter of a few seconds and some simple arithmetic (subtract the adjustment weight, divide by the number of load stations, add fuel and make gross weight matches the expected within a couple of hundred kilos difference). I use the FCOM for the THS value and all is set. The V speed calculations have to do mostly with weather conditions, gross weight and runway length and restrictions, so it shouldn't matter how you perform them (assuming CG is within limits, which it should be if you evenly load the aircraft).

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by spiliot View Post
    Just to add to the conversation, I manually load the aircraft and I've never seen any discrepancy or flying issues. Adding load and fuel via the FS menu is less convenient than pressing a button but still just a matter of a few seconds and some simple arithmetic (subtract the adjustment weight, divide by the number of load stations, add fuel and make gross weight matches the expected within a couple of hundred kilos difference). I use the FCOM for the THS value and all is set. The V speed calculations have to do mostly with weather conditions, gross weight and runway length and restrictions, so it shouldn't matter how you perform them (assuming CG is within limits, which it should be if you evenly load the aircraft).
    How is the difference between MCDU and PFD for your S and F speeds during approach? Could you feedback?
    Thanks