Re: A320 FMGS B50

Double post, sorry.

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I can't tell you if we use the same configurations txt file. You may upload your file here and then I will check it with mine.

I always use TOPCAT's export function to load my Airbus. And I don't "touch" TOPCAT's data. I use the Random function for Passenger Load and Cargo Load using Fuel on Board estimated by TOPCAT.
    And same here, Stab Trim values are always DN (with same values like you for similar legs). I think DN values are quite realistic so don't worry about that.

I can't explain why you have this issue all of a sudden. FMGS hasn't been updated for months so the problem can't be caused by JH's software. Have a look on aircraft.cfg and the txt file in TOPCAT's configuration folder.

Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    I can't tell you if we use the same configurations txt file. You may upload your file here and then I will check it with mine.
    I always use TOPCAT's export function to load my Airbus. And I don't "touch" TOPCAT's data. I use the Random function for Passenger Load and Cargo Load using Fuel on Board estimated by TOPCAT.
    And same here, Stab Trim values are always DN (with same values like you for similar legs). I think DN values are quite realistic so don't worry about that.
    I can't explain why you have this issue all of a sudden. FMGS hasn't been updated for months so the problem can't be caused by JH's software. Have a look on aircraft.cfg and the txt file in TOPCAT's configuration folder.
    Regards
    I do exactly the same!
    The files you said at the end have nothing to do, because after a clean installation my setup is all new.
    I send the txt conf from Topcat you asked for cross check with yours, even though I believe It's the same, cos I didn't touch it...
    What about O, S and F speeds? Yours are the same?
    Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

150+ Forum Groupie

I will cross check tomorrow or in the new year. At the moment I'm rather busy.

BTW I use FSX. Maybe there is a p3d issue.

Regards
    PS O Speed is correct, S and F must be checked. I haven't pay attention to these two values on APPR page yet.

Just cross checked! DOW is different! All the other values are the same. "My" DOW = 93695.5, yours = 73695.5 Try it to change this value and you will see if it helps.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Topcat messes up the CG/weight unless you use special config files for my soft... It was discussed with Leonidas on this thread not so long ago...
    DOW is 15t ABOVE max takeoff weight of the aircraft... So either stop using topcat, or search the forum and you will find some info on using topcat correctly with my soft.

6. Likes Leonidas liked this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    Just cross checked! DOW is different! All the other values are the same. "My" DOW = 93695.5, yours = 73695.5 Try it to change this value and you will see if it helps.
    93695.5 - 73695.5 = 20000 pounds = 9071.85 Kgr. Now please take a look my photo in post #228 where it seems exactly this defference. I've corrected this by hand already.
    So, we used same settings. Maybe we follow JL's advice for Topcat, but then how to compute V1, Vr and V2 speeds?

Happy new year to all...

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    93695.5 - 73695.5 = 20000 pounds = 9071.85 Kgr. Now please take a look my photo in post #228 where it seems exactly this defference. I've corrected this by hand already.
    So, we used same settings. Maybe we follow JL's advice for Topcat, but then how to compute V1, Vr and V2 speeds?

Happy new year to all...
    As I told you, I was rather busy. So I quickly compared your txt file with mine without checking earlier posts.

How to compute Take Off Speeds without TOPCAT is one side of the problem, the other is even more annoying: How to load passengers, cargo and fuel without TOPCAT? Or should we use for every flight JH's original Aircraft.cfg?

@ JH
    I know that TOPCAT is far to be a perfect tool. And yes, there is something wrong with DOW. But it is a kind of compromise. Bad or good, I don't know. It probably depends on the point of view. Most of us don't have real data so we can only hope that they are within reasonable tolerances.

Happy New Year!

9. Likes Leonidas liked this post

for topcat use these configuration files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwyv3uacz2...opcat.zip?dl=0
    These were easy to find as I told you in my last message...

11. Likes Leonidas liked this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    for topcat use these configuration files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwyv3uacz2...opcat.zip?dl=0
    These were easy to find as I told you in my last message...
    Thanks for the link! It's just the config txt file I use (with 42500 kg for DOW at TOPCAT>Aircraft). As this DOW is still about 5000 kg above the real DOW (~ 37400) these 5000 kg are not available for loading. This is what I meant by making a compromise

Regards

it has been discussed many times. in my soft, the P3D DOW is artificially set lower (by 20000lbs) for CG/moment tweaking. this is countered by two additional loading stations called "adjustement" which will make the final GW "correct".
    You Must not change the values of these 2 stations NOR let Topcat do it. As DOW use the regular 42500kg/93695lbs.