Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How do I start with Link2fs Expert and the PMDG 737

I have a lot of experience with programming other languages and historically with C++. I am a total Newbie to Link2fs. Are there any tutorials, videos or manuals that can explain how to use Link2fs Expert with the PMDG 737 (FSX). All of the tutorials and instructions I have found seem to be different (possibly) older versions where you have to input EventIDs whereas the new version seems to just have check boxes. As you can tell I am totally confused.
    Please help.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: How do I start with Link2fs Expert and the PMDG 737

CKAJCA,

Depending on what you want to do, the PMDG 737 has many non standard offsets and LVariables in its panels.
    Some things like radio frequencies use standard commands. The Expert section in Link2FS may not be large enough to encompass everything that you may want to do. However it may be a good place to start and learn.

If you have read anything that I have done, it all involves transitioning to LUA scripts thru FSUIPC to communicate with Arduino based hardware. I started with Link2FS but found it was limiting to the things that I wanted to do. It is a great starting point for learning though.

What is it that you want to do?
    Radio?
    MCP?
    FMC?
    OverHead Panel?

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com

Re: How do I start with Link2fs Expert and the PMDG 737

At this point I would just like to see the Link2fs Expert settings to display an LED to show gear position and a switch to set Gear Up/Down