Hi All,

Trying to build a 2 DOF flight simulator motion platform

I've got
    a) FSX
    b) Link2FS
    c) Arduino Uno
    d) two IBT-2 H-bridges
    e) two wiper motors

For the life of me I can't find an Arduino sketch which will take Pitch and Roll from Link2FS and drive the motors accordingly.

I've tried to follow a few sketches but I guess I'm just not cut out for programming.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Max

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 2dof arduino sketch

Just remembered.

I've also got 10k linear pots driven from the motor shafts providing positional feedback.

I can do all the mechanical/electrical stuff - just not the software/firmware side of things.

Cheers

Max

Hi All,

Trying to build a 2 DOF flight simulator motion platform

I've got
    a) FSX
    b) Link2FS
    c) Arduino Uno
    d) two IBT-2 H-bridges
    e) two wiper motors

For the life of me I can't find an Arduino sketch which will take Pitch and Roll from Link2FS and drive the motors accordingly.

I've tried to follow a few sketches but I guess I'm just not cut out for programming.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Max

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 2dof arduino sketch

waxmax,

If you aren't aware... To get a good motion cue effect and not puke, you want to base the motion off of the acceleration of the pitch and roll axis.
    Lets say you are going to do a 30 degree bank turn in the aircraft for a complete circle.
    When you roll in to the bank you want the sim to tilt that way. You dont want the platform to tilt 30 degrees. It just has to move a little to give you the cues.
    But once you are sustained in the 30 degree bank in the program, you want the platform to slow roll back to center and maybe with a little pitch up on the platform to simulate G force.
    In an airplane in a coordinated turn, the feel of gravity is toward the floor of the plane. You arent hanging in the harness unless you are doing a slip.
    When you complete the turn and roll level, the platform should tilt the other way until the roll acceleration stops and slow roll back to center.

Pitch of the platform is also used to simulate speeding up and slowing down. Full throttle on take off and braking when landing.

Apologies if you were already aware of this information.

The dream plan for me has always been to build a platform.

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com