10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Aerosoft Airbus & L2FS (or anything??)

I have spent the last two days painfully searching for a way to output the autopilot/fcu settings (alt, heading etc. for my aerosoft A320) to a 7 segment display/LCD... I know... its hard. I just am wondering if anyone would be kind enough to guide me in the right direction. I am not stopping until I manage to make it work! I have researched Mobiflight and link2fs I have seen somewhere that there are ways on doing it in these applications but then no guidance is given just them saying it involves lua but no information on where to start! So I have finally resorted to just asking because staring at a screen all day is giving me a headache Is there anyway of getting the LUA vars for the altitude etc and then adding them to link2fs? Because this has been vaguely suggested.

I currently am using LINDA for my overhead and pedestal but its input only of course ()

I really realllyyy reaalllyyy hope someone can at least guide me somewhere with this!

Thank you!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Aerosoft Airbus & L2FS (or anything??)

If you're a cockpit builder could you use Jeehell FMGS (free) or ProsimA320 instead?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    If you're a cockpit builder could you use Jeehell FMGS (free) or ProsimA320 instead?
    I have tried jeehell before, but I soon realized that it is only for a full cockpit, where as I only have the basic controls on my pedestal and overhead (no outputs) and the point of me building this all cheaply is that I don't want to spend thousands on fancy backlit ones.

Thanks anyway
    Josh

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    I have tried jeehell before, but I soon realized that it is only for a full cockpit, where as I only have the basic controls on my pedestal and overhead (no outputs) and the point of me building this all cheaply is that I don't want to spend thousands on fancy ones. I am just comfortable with the aerosoft one because I still need the virtual cockpit for various things.

Thanks anyway
    Josh

75+ Posting Member

Josh aerosoft airbus uses internal panel variables to store these values. To access them you need to make a C/C++ module that is loaded with FS and somehow outputs these values to ideally your hardware or to simconnect or worse to FSUIPC. There's a steep learning curve there and you'll find minimal and only basic information to help you.

Aerosoft publishes these values in a document called API variables (or something like it) and I think recent versions of FSUIPC can recognize them if inputed in a special format and make them available for use with a joystick. But I haven't used FSUIPC since FS9 (years back) so I can't help on that.

PS. I'd strongly advice you to reconsider your decision regarding Jeehell, it is ages ahead as an airbus simulator and you can use it almost as easily as aerosoft once you figure out its small user unfriendly peculiarities.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiliot View Post
    Josh aerosoft airbus uses internal panel variables to store these values. To access them you need to make a C/C++ module that is loaded with FS and somehow outputs these values to ideally your hardware or to simconnect or worse to FSUIPC. There's a steep learning curve there and you'll find minimal and only basic information to help you.

Aerosoft publishes these values in a document called API variables (or something like it) and I think recent versions of FSUIPC can recognize them if inputed in a special format and make them available for use with a joystick. But I haven't used FSUIPC since FS9 (years back) so I can't help on that.

PS. I'd strongly advice you to reconsider your decision regarding Jeehell, it is ages ahead as an airbus simulator and you can use it almost as easily as aerosoft once you figure out its small user unfriendly peculiarities.
    I appreciate your swift reply, I have managed to find something on mobiflight that has hope of working, I am just waiting on a new Arduino though if that doesn't work I will definitely take another look at Jeehell if you suggest it will be suitable for me.

Thanks