25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SPEED BRK Glitch

When I use the software spoilers the speed brakes extend when its on RET and retract when on FULL (inverted). I already tried setting up an axis on my saitek throttle and the same happens I can't get the spoilers to work right. Also I always get the green "SPEED BRK" message on E/WD screen whatever position the spoilers are, even when they are armed. Can you please fix this?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: SPEED BRK Glitch

Change your null zone. Unfortunately I don't use a saitak so I cannot comment further. When it is armed doesn't it use a push button?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

No, its using a portion of the axis. This bug also happens when I am using the software spoilers

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by diogofcr View Post
    No, its using a portion of the axis. This bug also happens when I am using the software spoilers
    I had a friend who also had issues with the saitek rudder panels and also the throttle quadrant -- we had to go through the registry (regedit) to delete some values before it would work correctly.

I would check the saitek forums for the solution.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

But what I am telling you is that this doesn't just happen with the saitek, if I remove it from the settings and I only use the software panels the same happens

25+ Posting Member

I am still having issues with the spoilers, right now I don't use them because of the glitch but they are really necessary when you want to descend fast or loose speed... Would be nice if anyone could help me :/ , maybe jeehell

150+ Forum Groupie

For what is worth, I suddenly had the same issue with the spoilers a few versions back.

Just after installing a new version, without performing a new calibration, my spoilers would extend halfway if I would touch the speedbrake control and stay there for the rest of the flight irrespective of the speedbrake position. I did remember that when I tried to calibrate the axis it would normally go form zero to almost full and then jump from full to middle position and stay there.

I don't remember what I did, either delete the axis, save, restart and re-calibrate, or save a position before max travel as full.

So maybe there is an issue in the software or saitek (I'm using a joystick) but with this abstract information I don't think JL will ever be able to debug.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiliot View Post
    For what is worth, I suddenly had the same issue with the spoilers a few versions back.

Just after installing a new version, without performing a new calibration, my spoilers would extend halfway if I would touch the speedbrake control and stay there for the rest of the flight irrespective of the speedbrake position. I did remember that when I tried to calibrate the axis it would normally go form zero to almost full and then jump from full to middle position and stay there.

I don't remember what I did, either delete the axis, save, restart and re-calibrate, or save a position before max travel as full.

So maybe there is an issue in the software or saitek (I'm using a joystick) but with this abstract information I don't think JL will ever be able to debug.
    Thank you for the information. I believe my problem is exactly what your problem was, I have tried reseting and recalibrating the axis, different axis, different joysticks but it didn't do anything and I am using the new version so I dont know what the problem is. Also I have tried only using the software panel (without any axis setup on spoilers) but it doesn't work either, the spoilers are always a bit extended