Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy 'MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE' (B48.1)

Hello.

I have suddenly encountered the following error when I press either the PROG or PERF button on the MCDU with the latest release (B48.1):

MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE

The FCU, MCDU, Overhead and PFD/ND etc are all running on networked computers except the server side of the programme which is running on the P3D computer.

I have reinstalled the MCDU and PFD/ND programmes onto another computer but the error still occurs. I have removed the NAVDATA bin files and allowed it to be rebuilt but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is that the problem lies somewhere with the FMGS server part of the programme but at the moment I am hesitant of uninstalling that because of all my hardware/joystick configurations contained within it.

Any ideas would be most welcome. At the momement I am grounded until I can find the solution!

Kind regards,
    Darren Sugden

25+ Posting Member

Re: 'MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE' (B48.1)

I have had that error before and found it was connected to display drivers. For me it was when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and my graphics card didn't have dedicated Win10 drivers.
    Have you upgraded or changed your video card?
    H

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I don't think it is connected to video card drivers.

Does it happen straight after running the software?
    HAve you entered any DEP/ARR in INIT Page? if so any route, SID or APPR in the FPLN page?
    CFM or IAE?

25+ Posting Member

#1 It's definitely not a video card driver problem. I have ran the MCDU on both a Windows XP computer and a Windows 10 computer.

#2 The message is not an error dialogue box but orange text within the the main MCDU screen. It is as if it's a MCDU 'system error'.

MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM
    PLEASE REPORT ISSUE

#3 The error only occurs once I press the PERF/PROG button irrespective of when I do that. For example, I have just tried again but at a different airport and a different route. I complete the first page of the INIT and then completed the F-PLN. It doesn't matter whether I insert the Arrival runway or not at this stage or whether I select a Departure and/or Arrival. I still get the same result. I then move onto the second page of INIT to complete the fuel part. I then move on to the PERF page and that's when I get the error. But it doesn't matter when I press the PERF button. If I press it straight away as soon as the MCDU has powered up, I get the same message.

#4 CFM variant.

#5 B48.1 (with the extra MCDU update) did work initially. The time I first got the error was when I tried to (incorrectly) delete an F-PLN Discontinuity straight after the last part of the flight plan (MANUAL) which it did not allow me to do (Not Allowed). It was then when I first got the error as I went onto the PERF page.

The flight plan is below when I first ran into the problem. I filled in all the parameters from the outset including the Arrival runway 26 with the TULSI3A Arrival. the departure runway was 20.

EGNJ DCT OTR L90 DOLAS L603 LAMSO UL603 TESGA UZ729 BOMBI T104 WLD UM867 BAVAX Z106 MANAL UM736 TULSI TULSI3A LOWI

I am using AIRAC cycle 17/08.

???

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    I don't think it is connected to video card drivers.

Does it happen straight after running the software?
    HAve you entered any DEP/ARR in INIT Page? if so any route, SID or APPR in the FPLN page?
    CFM or IAE?

Check if you have something selected in the AP/FBW drop-down list (either CFM or IAE).

25+ Posting Member

CFM was selected and confirmed by clicking the 'Reload coefficients' button.

Selecting IAE also produces the same error. The IAE variant is confirmed by looking at the A/C status page on the MCDU.

Regards,
    Darren

try to remove all your config files. Particularly AControls.cfg, in FMGS Server folder (keep a backup somewhere).
    Did you try to open FMGS config and save back the calibration (wihtout changing it)?

25+ Posting Member

Thank you!

I was unable to simply delete AControls.cfg since the server did not fully start as it mentioned I needed to calibrate my joysticks - I was unable therefore to power up the systems.

However, I did make a backup copy of the whole A320FMGS folder only 4 days ago. I copied over the AControls.cfg from that folder and that cured the problem - I can now press the PERF and PROG button without getting the error.

I tried so many combinations of trouble-shooting before posting here - I would have never thought that AControls.cfg would in any way affect the working of the MCDU!

I have no idea though what happened in the first place to cause the problem...and why...

A test flight tomorrow morning...

Many thanks, Jean Luc, for your tremendous support and patience and of course for the great software. So glad I jumped ship

Best wishes,
    Darren Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    try to remove all your config files. Particularly AControls.cfg, in FMGS Server folder (keep a backup somewhere).
    Did you try to open FMGS config and save back the calibration (wihtout changing it)?

yes this one is tricky unfortunately glad this solved it though.

Cheers
    JL

Oh that really a tricky one. I have never thought that acontrol.cfg is the reason for mcdu problem. I got the same problem with B48.1.
    i always using the backup Acontrol.cfg from previous version, since setting up joystick each new version is taking a lot of time.
    thanks JL, I will try to use the new Acontrol.cfg and let's see if it solve the mcdu problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast