Thread: A320 FMGS B48

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B48

Hello,
    About FPLN path sometimes not displayed on ND : I've already got this issue...
    Even before B48.
    This seems to be a little bug which randomly occurs ; so, it isn't easy to reproduce in order to fix it...
    Both ND's are impacted when the problem occurs.
    It can be detected as soon as the FROM/TO and ALIGN IRS are set in INIT A page.
    At this time, the airport ICAO code where you are, must be displayed on ND (on both NDs if you own a dual seat simulator) : LEBB, EDDL, LFMN or other...
    If you didn't see this indication at this time, sure that you're about to get the issue as soon as you have created your FPLN...
    This really looks like an information that randomly would not be sent by the server to the NDs ; you can easily solve this, by completely reseting FMGS Server (no need to reset the clients FMGS).

Hope this will help

Michel

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Probably AIRAC 1710+ have a QFU different than the stock P3D (or the addon scenery you may use).
    This means my soft is not able to detect the correct runway anymore and it uses bad data.
    Try to use Hervé Sors RWY/ILS fix tool http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
    I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there?
    The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello,

a question to Skalarki's TQ owners:
    Is it possible to assign the trimwheels to turn back to trim value 0 after Touch Down? And if yes how do I proceed? At the moment they hold last position/value just as it was before Touch Down.
    Regards
    René

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by diogofcr View Post
    I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there? The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess
    I don't think so. In my case, they run in the same PC both P3D and FMGS server.
    I'll try what JL wrote, even though I think I've tried this tool once without success.
    I'll try also your runways in Portugal this afternoon and feedback.
    Regards

I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there?
    The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess
    You've to copy all .bin files , navdata1 and navdata2 directories from a320jl/navdata on server to client.
    This everytime you install new navdata cycle.
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

300+ Forum Addict

I am also having this problem so he is not the only user. Sometimes the flight path line shows sometimes it doesn't and sometimes neither the flight path neither the waypoints appear. I am using the most updated AIRAC (1712) and Navdata folder is the same on all computers, so yeah Jeehell has to see what is going on and fix it, I have done like 10 flights without flight path on ND.
    I am also having ILS LOC alignment problems (not sure if it is same as yours). Since AIRAC 1710 (when I change to AIRAC 1709 it is fine) that the ILS courses are wrong in some airports, for me it says LPPT rwy03 course is F031 (RAD/NAV mcdu page) and the real one is F026, the problem is I can't change it and it puts me out of alignment. Same happened today on LPPD, rwy30 course is 300 (published on charts) and RAD/NAV MCDU page said F311. I haven't tested it in more airports but this is really annoying, I thought it was an AIRAC problem but I tested today with 1712 and it still has the same problem, what should I do? Right now I can't do ILS approaches...
    The problem is only on the RAD/NAV page I guess because on the airport page the runway course on the runway list is fine
    Your runways are OK to me. LPPT03 shows F025 and LPPD30 shows F300. I use AIRAC 1712.
    Unfortunately mine are not, even after using tool from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
    Regards

25+ Posting Member

The problem is that jeehell fmgs server is running on a different computer than FSX/P3D and I think the server uses the scenery.cfg to create the .bin files, without having them it will make wrong information? I believe that is the problem

The problem is that jeehell fmgs server is running on a different computer than FSX/P3D and I think the server uses the scenery.cfg to create the .bin files, without having them it will make wrong information? I believe that is the problem
    Uhm , i think your installation isn't correct...the FGMS Server must be on FSX/P3D pc.

http://www.jeehell.org/EN%20-%20Inst...on%20Guide.pdf
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

You can have fmgs server on a remote PC, but indeed you need to build the navdata with the data form P3D. You can either copy the fmgs server to the P3D PC or install a copy of p3d on the fmgs server PC.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by asessa View Post
    Uhm , i think your installation isn't correct...the FGMS Server must be on FSX/P3D pc.

http://www.jeehell.org/EN%20-%20Inst...on%20Guide.pdf
    Not really, since version B46 it can be on a remote pc...

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    You can have fmgs server on a remote PC, but indeed you need to build the navdata with the data form P3D. You can either copy the fmgs server to the P3D PC or install a copy of p3d on the fmgs server PC.
    Oh okay I didn't know that part, thank you for the information that explains everything. You should build when you have time some kind of tool/program to build the navdata folder but ofc that is not a priority compared to other improvements you probably are doing.