Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

OC Expansion card dont work with mastercards

Hello all.

I have got a problem with USB Expansion card. The card I bought two weeks ago as fully assembled.
    When I connect it to USB and run siocmonitor and open it, I see table of inputs and outputs.
    Even when Master Card in not connected to USB Expansion card I have every inputs of 1-st mastercard (0-71) as ON (green). Rest of inputs (for 2,3 and 4 master card) are gray as Not available. Analog inputs of expansion card working OK.
    When I connected master card to any of inputs J1 J2 J3 J4 - nothing changed and no response for inputs and outputs.
    In sioc.ini I have: MASTER=0,4,1,1
    When I connect two mastercards, change sioc.ini to MASTER=0,4,2,1, then I have inputs of two mastercards available and white - but there is no response for any of inputs. The outputs not responding too. It's looks like no connection between mastercards and expansion card.

This same problem like on siocmonitor is on controlador.exe

I try feed mastercard from expansion card 5v exit and from separate 5v psu (atx psu 5v red/black line)

When I connected each of mastercards directly to parallel (LPT) port they works OK with controlador.exe - IO Card Controller v.2.41 I was able to change state of outputs and have reaction for inputs.

Mastercards and USB Expansion card I connected directly - without cables.
    When I connect Mastercard and USB Expansion card using this same cable what for direct to LPT connection, one difference is that the last line of inputs is white. rest are green, but there is still not response of inputs and outputs.
    I tried different USB cables, different USB ports, different computers, different systems (windows XP, 7 and 10), and different SIOC's 5.1 B2 {on windows XP SP3} and Sioc 5.0 B5 {windows 7 and 10}.

I mailed to oc support but they work very slowly, for first answer I waited 24 hrs (with qestion with sioc I'm using) for next I'm waiting almost week now.

I have no idea what I can do more?

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: OC Expansion card dont work with mastercards

Hi
    One thing not mentioned by you is the USB address assigned to the card. You have set it as IDX 0 and USB address 1 but what USB device address does SIOC assign to it? You can see this in the SIOC window. If you have one card only it shold be connected to J3 on the USB expansion board, 2 cards should be J3 and J4
    geoff

"1" is the USB address assigned to the card by sioc.

I try connect one card to all inputs J1 J2 J3 and J4.
    I try connect two cards to J1 and J2 or J3 and J4.

I have no reaction on SIOC for inputs and outputs, but analog inputs work OK.
    Some of outputs (but no all) are UP all the time and using "all on" and "all off" have no difference.

The same outputs are "ON" on both mastercards connected together. Even when I disconnect mastercard from USB Expansion the outputs stay ON. But when I connect mastercard to LPT and run controlador then all outputs go OFF like they should, and I am able to ON only outputs I want.

I try almost all posibilities of connection.
    I can only reset the chip on expansion card - but I don't know it is save?
    And I can connect extra power to expansion card power output (at manuals is that is not needed) but I don't know is that save becouse it is output not input?

I think that expansion card may be broken.

Voltage on power output of expansion card is about 4,7V (is feeding only via USB) - all other devices like pendrives, printers works OK with this usb port.
    Voltage on mastercards at J2 outputs connector (PIN1 and PIN2) is about 5,1V - they are feeding by ATX power suply.

75+ Posting Member imported_767300's Avatar

Hello 3lite did you ever figure out what was happening? I seem to have run into the same problem.

Card was broken. Opencockpits sent me a new card that works fine.

75+ Posting Member imported_767300's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
    Card was broken. Opencockpits sent me a new card that works fine.
    Ah ok cool thanks for the reply.