75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Finding affordable cockpit components. Most help

Hi folks, hope u r well,,,

its a long time about the simulators and today i am coming again, but this time with A320 cockpit.
    i need to build A320 home cockpit but i coud'nt found any affordable parts.
    so i need your help guys to found an affordable and realistic cockpit component to buy, sorry for the prolongation and i hope u guys really help me.

Thx

25+ Posting Member

Re: Finding affordable cockpit components. Most help

Hi There

Some tips,

1. Before you start, be really sure about how much time, effort and money you want to commit to ...... it will take far more of all three than you think.

2. Join a FabLab or Makerspace that has CNC machines or Laser cutters. Pre-made panels are very expensive to buy and you will find it difficult to create your own without these tools.

3. Have a look through the file library here - there are lots of drawings and design files. For example, I have uploaded Google Sketchup files for all the A320 Overhead panels, ready to be lasercut from painted acrylic. I will upload the others as I go.

4. I have also uploaded the design files for creating a full-size A320 cockpit shell made from lasercut 9mm MDF sheets. This is what I have done and it works very well. There is a thread with photographs somewhere. (Update .... that file seems to be stuck in the moderation queue for some reason - you can also get it from here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobrLrpWo1NcyDeereSvWxJWiViw )

5. There are several A320 sim Facebook and Google groups as well as other forums - all provide access to drawings, dimensions and photographs.

6. Be prepared for several learning curves at once.

7. Probably the cheapest way to interface buttons and switches is through the Jeehell config. For LED's and 7-segment displays, I plan to use Mobiflight - both are free.

8. Don't be afraid to ask for help

9. It's a journey, not a destination (at least it is for me). It is unlikely you will ever be finished - I am constantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed actually building the thing .... I thought it would be a chore and the real prize would be in the flying of it, but I am having so much fun.

10. Get it flying as soon as you can. Even something simple like a MIP with cutouts for the PFD and ND add so much realism - you will keep coming back to it if it is flyable.

Have fun

H

75+ Posting Member

Re: Finding affordable cockpit components. Most help

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnorm View Post
    Hi There

Some tips,

1. Before you start, be really sure about how much time, effort and money you want to commit to ...... it will take far more of all three than you think.

2. Join a FabLab or Makerspace that has CNC machines or Laser cutters. Pre-made panels are very expensive to buy and you will find it difficult to create your own without these tools.

3. Have a look through the file library here - there are lots of drawings and design files. For example, I have uploaded Google Sketchup files for all the A320 Overhead panels, ready to be lasercut from painted acrylic. I will upload the others as I go.

4. I have also uploaded the design files for creating a full-size A320 cockpit shell made from lasercut 9mm MDF sheets. This is what I have done and it works very well. There is a thread with photographs somewhere. (Update .... that file seems to be stuck in the moderation queue for some reason - you can also get it from here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobrLrpWo1NcyDeereSvWxJWiViw )

5. There are several A320 sim Facebook and Google groups as well as other forums - all provide access to drawings, dimensions and photographs.

6. Be prepared for several learning curves at once.

7. Probably the cheapest way to interface buttons and switches is through the Jeehell config. For LED's and 7-segment displays, I plan to use Mobiflight - both are free.

8. Don't be afraid to ask for help

9. It's a journey, not a destination (at least it is for me). It is unlikely you will ever be finished - I am constantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed actually building the thing .... I thought it would be a chore and the real prize would be in the flying of it, but I am having so much fun.

10. Get it flying as soon as you can. Even something simple like a MIP with cutouts for the PFD and ND add so much realism - you will keep coming back to it if it is flyable.

Have fun

H
    Really thank u

i need to buy any chip throttle other than saitek ones
    also the MCP needed is to be bought.
    these twos i need them, the rest of cockpit is displays for the OH and pedestasl..