Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: JeeHell FMGS on a remote Computer

hmm, seems that the "edit post" function is not working anymore....

To add to my above post: the error message is on the Hardware Connect Module. What could that be?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Michael,
    You should not have Remotejoy installed on the pc where FMGS server is installed. Is this correct?
    Les

150+ Forum Groupie

Correct:
    pc 1:
    p3d
    fsuipc support
    remotejoy ( for Arcaze boards)
    sound module

pc2:
    fmgs server
    skalarki and most of the game controllers

pc3/4
    CPT/FO PFD and MCDU

It worked already. I installed a virtual audio cable on pc2. Could this maybe interfere with something?
    Also strange: after I tried fixing it by reinstalling FMGS on P3D PC, p3d prompted an error on the scenery.cfg. I'm afraid I have to start from scratch for both pc. What a waste of time...

150+ Forum Groupie

I think, I found the error now: I deactivated HardwareConnect in the starter.cfg on the P3D PC. Only RemoteJoy is running now.
    And now crash so far... I keep my fingers crossed...

25+ Posting Member

Hi!
    Now I remember I had a similiar issue. I installed RemoteJoy on client PC, which automatically installs and activates HardwareConnect on the the clientPC.
    The problem now is that HardwareConnect is running on ServerPC and ClientPC at the same time which causes FMGS SW to crash on clientPC. I fixed it manually by deactivating HardwareConnect in the starter.ini on the clientPC.

@Jeehell, I guess this needs to be fixed in your installation routine, to avoid installation/activation of HardwareConnect module on clientPCs.

br
    Christian

150+ Forum Groupie

only remaining problem is now, that the Skalarki IO Profiler doesnt connect to the simulator. WideFS is connected though.
    Anyone else here who uses Skalarki from a networked PC?

150+ Forum Groupie

OK, don't ask me why, but Skalarki is connecting now.

BUT: My whole setup is very unstable. Sometimes, inputs from Mobiflight are not processed (although seen in FSUIPC log). Sometimes, pushing a button on the overhead (client PC, Skalarki) needs 10 seconds to be processed. Now, since the last starting sequence, strange warning messages about gear not being down! I am close to getting crazy...

But for now still trying to do a proper failure analysis. So 2 questions:

1) After launching the remote FMGS server, it is immediately showing "connected to P3d" and the other modules in green. But it takes about a minute until that "bing" sound comes up. Isn't that the signal, that the connection is established? Is it normal, that it takes so long when being on a networked pc?

2) Also, after Jeehell connected and during waiting for that "bing" sound, I am hearing a repeatative sound from the cockpit. And I think that is the sound of the gear lever being moved a few times. But as I can't see anything, not sure. Anyway to figure out, what that sound is?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Hi Michael,

your Q.1: yes, this sounds normal. In my setup it´s the same, that the Server connects fast and first with P3D, i guess this is because once the addon-dll is loaded in the sim this connection is established. Then all other modules are loaded step by step and get connected to FMGS-Server which takes around 30 sec. and after everything is up it takes another 10 to 15 sec. until the "bing" or "bong" says "ready". Of course all this may depend aswell on what hardware (processor etc.) you are using for the FMGS-PC and if you use one for everything or spread the FMGS over 2 or more PC. CPT, FO, MCDU etc.

your Q.2: this sounds weird. I can´t hear any whisper on my remote FMGS PC until the "bing" came up. So there is maybe the hint to your issue. An educated guess from me is that your simconnect is not working properly or you have something running which is not needed on the FMGS or Sim-PC. Remember, JL allways remind us to install really only those modules of Jeehell on the particular PC which are really needed and used.

In my Setup on the P3D-Master PC nothing else than FSUIPC and the P3D-backbone of Jeehell is installed.(except the sim itself, of course and all the addons…). On the Jeehell PC i have installed only those modules i use, like FMGS-Server, FBW, Overhead, ECAM, PFD, ND, EWD, standbyinstruments, MCDU, RMP, SwitchingPNL, Flaps and Spoiler gauges and the Skalarki-connection-modul of Jeehell and the Skalarki profiler of course. All Hardware like Joystick and Thrustlevers are directly connected to the FMGS-PC.

You schould check if you have maybe something installed you don´t need like remotejoy or something else. You could also try to make a clean re-install of jeehell. This takes a little time, but maybe less than the search for the issue without success.
    Reg. Bernd

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your comprehensive help!

Good to learn on the starting time. Concerning the Jeehell modules, I only installed what's required on each PC.

Checking the hardware is a very good tip: I testwise installed the overhead softpanel on the FMGS additional to the Skalarki (running passively in the background) to see immediate results and to check, if it's the same effect without Skalarki. And on switching buttons on the softpanel I also see a latency. The CPU is at a ~ 90-95% level without any action. On clicking Signs on for example, it's going up to 98-99% and it needs 4-5 seconds. So that sounds like I need a bigger machine, right?

The sound however is coming from the main P3D PC, sorry for being unclear.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi there,
    Can anyone tell me why I cannot tick the FMGS server configuration on the remote PC?? P3D FMGS PC no problem. Do I need to install FMGS 52.0 on the P#D PC
    Hope for you all can give me some expert help
    Thanks

Alex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast