Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: P3D v4 link2fs

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: P3D v4 link2fs

Did some additional testing this evening.

I found all the files (at least I think I did...) and moved them to a new folder. The app launches and runs properly with the exception of the crash on card 1 connect that I noted above.

I then made a second copy of the app as in a new folder to see if I could run two copies of it as I was able to with the older version.

No luck there. I'm not sure if I need to do anything else to allow it but at this point I can only run one copy of it at a time. Either copy will open with its own unique set of config files but the second copy will not launch if the other is running.

If I find anything further I will post another update.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

10+ Posting Member

tom,
    will do additional testing this week

guys how many cards do you think will be good , right now we have 5 i thought of maybe double it to have 10 cards , please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by NunaSims View Post
    tom,
    will do additional testing this week

guys how many cards do you think will be good , right now we have 5 i thought of maybe double it to have 10 cards , please let me know
    For my current system I am running 8 cards and fast approaching the need for a couple more so 10 would work but I'd be at the outer limit again. Keeping in mind that my pit build is only a single engine GA I can't imagine 10 being enough for a commercial airliner of military fighter build.

If you enable the new version to allow multipe instances to run (similar to the old version) then you could stay at 5 cards and we could add card capacity by simply running a second or third instances as needed to support our card count. Is this no longer possible???
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

25+ Posting Member

In my case.... Im able to run all analoge gauges, 14 breakers, analog transponder, adf receiver,all the switches, controls... with 3 arduino mega.
    I use I2C in many things, so one arduino mega can driver 128 switches with only two pins( sda and clk).
    It is posible finally divide the workload and put two arduino more. Only to increase the serial read rate.
    10 would be more than enough for me.

My problem is with de FSUIPC(1) and (2) in expert mode. Im simulating A2A comanche. It uses lots of custom lvars than I have to put in offsets, and read them in fsuipc expert mode. A third window, FSUIPC (3) with 12 more offsets would be very helpful for me.

To optimize space, I use a single offset to read lots of switches in binary. But there are lots of custom variables!

Thanks!

5. Thanks chenyangsu thanked for this post
    Likes chenyangsu liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by _alioth_ View Post
    In my case.... Im able to run all analoge gauges, 14 breakers, analog transponder, adf receiver,all the switches, controls... with 3 arduino mega.
    I use I2C in many things, so one arduino mega can driver 128 switches with only two pins( sda and clk).
    It is posible finally divide the workload and put two arduino more. Only to increase the serial read rate.
    10 would be more than enough for me.

My problem is with de FSUIPC(1) and (2) in expert mode. Im simulating A2A comanche. It uses lots of custom lvars than I have to put in offsets, and read them in fsuipc expert mode. A third window, FSUIPC (3) with 12 more offsets would be very helpful for me.

To optimize space, I use a single offset to read lots of switches in binary. But there are lots of custom variables!

Thanks!
    I hadn't thought about using the I2C bus that way, that's an interesting idea. For a couple of my boards I would be concerned about the serial traffic but for several of the others it would work well. I'll have to look at doing that the next time I rework my hardware. If I have to conserve com ports to fit into the new Link2FS that's a real good idea.

Speaking of using the I2C bus, I am using it in another way that might help address the FSUIPC issues you raised. I never got around to learning much about the experts section of Link2FS as I had gone a different direction before doing so. I have an arduino dedicated to handling FSUIPC offsets and Add on LVars. It is interfaced to, at present, one other Arduno via the I2C bus. I have a LUA script running that communicates with it.

The primary arduino, part of my avionics stack, communicates with the sim via Link2FS handling all the functions that can be manged via that route. For any functions that can only be managed via FSUIPC offset or LVar they are passed across the I2C bus to a LUA script via the secondary arduino. It works well.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

An exception error occurred while Card 1 connecting.

Any further progress? At last contact I had four cards on a single instance running. Activating the card 1 position causes the app to crash and it seems to be configured to only allow a single instance to run so I am limited to 4 arduino cards.

Have you made progress on adding card capacity to the app or maybe changing the config to allow multiple instances of it to run? Any idea why the card 1 position crashes the app?

10+ Posting Member

looks like by the end of next week i will fix all the issues

75+ Posting Member

I just found this. I'm glad the project is alive (and 64-bit). I had the 2014 version of link2fs "working" with P3D v4 on my radio panel (using 8 MAX7219 LED modules for frequency displays, light switches, encoders and freq swap buttons) coded for the PMDG NGX. Link2fs was sluggish but the setup was working.

I installed this (64-bit version) the first time and it wouldn't load as others (Tom?) said, when connected to card 1 - Unhandled exception.... I uninstalled and deleted the files in the "2.0" folder since they were still there. When I re-install, the installer says "100% Installing"... but stuck on "Preparing Application..." and the cancel button is grayed out.

I've also tried installing with admin rights and running the program with admin rights. No luck.

Anyway, I know you are working on this and I look forward to your updates. Thanks for reviving this!

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

When will it be updated?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast