2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Making a potentiometer trigger a PB switch (Spoiler axis)

Hello,

I'm working with a genuine spoiler/speedbrake panel here -- unfortunately on the hardware itself the spoiler arm/disarm is part of the speedbrake axis -- it does not exist as a separate push button.

Does anyone know how I can assign the arm function as a pushbutton with FMGS?

I have 3 potentiometer axis readouts to work with (redundancy in the panel);
    One pot I've assigned to the speedbrake. Is there a way to assign one of the other 2 pots with the arm/disarm function?

Thanks,

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Making a potentiometer trigger a PB switch (Spoiler axis)

In the ifly 737 forum I found a method to have 3 zones on the spoiler from 1 potentiometer. This is also how I implemented it myself and it works OK. I hope the attached screenshots from FSUIPC explain it.
    Regards,
    Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Making a potentiometer trigger a PB switch (Spoiler axis)

Great thanks, I did not know I could assign a button press with fsuipc on a given axis range.

Unfortuantely the joystick card exists on a different pc from P3D. I will have to find a way to transmit the axis range to fsuipc remotely. Perhaps with wideserver?

Hopefully there is another solution or JL can implement an axis segment for spoiler arm in the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.