150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

ECAM switches acting randomly

At some point following recent updates my ECAM switches are acting randomly not related to the button pressed. I am using IItcreator to set the switches.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

Re: ECAM switches acting randomly

I have also connected my ECAM to a FDS Board. I have noticed only two smal bugs.
    When I m airborn the ALL page is displayed. When press the COND page the COND page is displayed. When I press then the ALL page, the ENG page is displayed.
    Should be the ALL page. When I press the ENG page then, the ALL page is displayed.

When the ALL page is beeing displayed and select e.g. the FUEL page, the FUEL page is displayed. When selected then the STS page, the ALL page is displayed. When pressing the STS again, then the STS page is displayed.

Otherwise it works normal to me.

Best regards

150+ Forum Groupie

It would appear that there is a bug or two in there. I also have a different idea as to what should be displayed, I normally fly with the STS page active. If I press the ALL button it cycles through all the pages, it used to stop when I pressed another page but now it just goes on and on. I also get the impression that the buttons progressively become inactive as though something is being buffered.
    i did wonder if I had some discontinuities in my hardware so I took the whole panel and wiring out for testing but could find no problems. I am using the extended switch function version of IItcreator which may be contributing but as you have problems I guess that is not the whole story. The problems seem to have got worse with B47.1, before that most buttons worked.
    Before using Jeehell I used the Interfaceit software which worked fine on this panel. Not sure if we can use that until the bugs get sorted.
    Barry

150+ Forum Groupie

I have reverted to the original switch configuration program and I get the same results as you. This however gives me more problems with some other switches that I need to find solutions for.
    Barry

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

there is no "ALL page"... what ALL button does is only cycling through pages.

Make sure you have both push and release events on all ECAM buttons.

Regarding the normal behavior of the ECAM pages, and the way the A320 is meant to be flown:
    you MUST NOT stay on the STS page. It is not meant to... After a few seconds, if empty, STS page will/may get you reverted to the current phase relevant page.
    Throughout the flight, the ECAM page will change to reflect the important system concerning that phase.

I do not think there are any bugs here. If you think there are, please check the FCOMs before making any assertions.

Hi JL,

thanks for clarification. I've read in the FCON, when the ALL pushbutton is pressed and held down,
    the SD successively displays all the system pages at one-second intervals.
    Next time I would read the FCON before report a bug.

According to the STS pushbutton.
    When the STS pushbutton is pressed the STATUS page on the lower SD is displayed.
    The pushbutton remains lit, as long as the SD displays the STS page.
    If the system has no status messages, the status page displays "NORMAL" for five seconds.

When I have selected the ENG page and press then the STS page, the CRUISE page is displayed.
    Only when I press the STS button a second time then the STS page is displayed.
    Maybe this is caused because I did not assign release event to the ECAM buttons
    but I do not understand how I can assign a release event to the ECAM buttons in the IITcreator.

Best regards
    Fritz

150+ Forum Groupie

Fritz
    We have different problems here, you are concerned about which screens are being displayed. I am struggling with hardware issues, partly I think this is due to me having wired many switches in a different way to that foreseen by Jean Luc. With his help I am making progress but I am still puzzled as to why a number of switches which I though I had sorted then misbehaved after installing B47.1. I am getting things back now having gone through the settings again.
    Barry