150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Widefs questions

I'm running FSX on a new windows 7 computer with Instructor station and widefs on a second older winXP computer.

I was wondering if the "SIM Board Universal" program using WideFS on the XP computer would run the old Flight Deck Technology boards to work with FSX on the win7 computer ?

Also would WideFs work with Fs2phidgets also running the Fs2phidgets program on the XP computer ?

Thanks .

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Widefs questions

I got the Fs2phidgets running from the xp computer to the Fsx wide server on the new computer with Widefs . Works great . Was having trouble getting the fs2phidgets to run the led board on the windows7 computer .

I googled the "SIM board universal program and Widefs " . On an old forum somewhere , one guy said he ran one of his computers with the flight deck technology boards ( sim board universal) on a separate computer with Widefs .
    I can't seem to get it to work though . Says Widefs is connected but none of the switch commands are going through ?
    Has anyone tried this ?
    Would solve the problem of no new drivers for the FDT boards .

Thanks .

25+ Posting Member

As far as the Simboards are concerned I think the problem is Windows 7. If I remember correctly, the driver does not work with Win 7. Thats why I am running mine on an old XP machine, linked by Wideclient to my P3D server running on Win 10. I am actually still using the old serial version of Simboards, could never really make friends with the USB version.
    Erhard in Thailand

150+ Forum Groupie

Then I should be able to run my Simboards on the old XP machine with Wideclient . Linked to FSX with wideserver on the Windows 7 machine .
    when I try to run it though ,,, the wideserver on FSX says 1client connected but the commands/key presses are not getting through or working in FSX ???

I.E. When I test a switch in the cockpit , the green light comes on in the Simboards program , so everything is working on the XP machine . Wideclient is working with phidgets and instructor station .

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong ?? Is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks for your reply a340-th .