Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

suggestion on airplanes at gates

Hi,

First of all cheers for this amazing app! It has change my sim experience since ever!

I would like to give a suggestion to improve its realism.
    Right now, when a traffic turns off its xpdr it dissapear from our screens, as has to be as there is no more information available.

However you have two variables you already know: Aircraft position and Airport parking spot coordinates. Both are within the system vars right now.

My suggestion is: You could detect when an aircraft turns off its xpdr, then check if it is within a small radious from a parking position (Say 15 mts), if these conditions are true then it means the plane has just arrived to gate and shutdown, thus you could replace the live traffic for a static aircaft (Just as you do with parked aircrafts) and give them a live time of about 25 minutes, this way we could be able to see all aircraft parked in their exact gate during its turn around!!! bringing life to airports with parked aircrafts that are real traffic indeed!

No need for animations or taxiing, just plain replacement, removing the live traffic and injecting a parked aircraft in the parking position as depicted in the airport parking file.

We could personalize this procedure with some variables:
    1. Turn around time. We could set the time the aircraft should remain parked until it dissapear, this way we can control the ammount of aircraft displayed in the airport for FPS reasons (Shorter the time the less aircraft displayed at the same time)
    2. Longer times for heavy aircraft, as they spend more time at gate.

If times are set correctly we could be able to see an aircraft arrive and depart from the gate as in real time!
    One condition for this to work is to have an airport scenery that has an exact match with real gate locations so aircraft positions matches with gates in the scenery. As far as I have used PSXSeecontraffic in many payware airports, they match almost exactly in most! If they do not match the traffic will just dissapear as it is right now.

Thank you for such a great app and hope this suggestion could be applied in future updates.

Regards,
    Luis

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: suggestion on airplanes at gates

Hi Luis,
    Quote Originally Posted by qxeflyer View Post
    My suggestion is: You could detect when an aircraft turns off its xpdr, then check if it is within a small radious from a parking position (Say 15 mts), if these conditions are true then it means the plane has just arrived to gate and shutdown, thus you could replace the live traffic for a static aircaft (Just as you do with parked aircrafts) and give them a live time of about 25 minutes, this way we could be able to see all aircraft parked in their exact gate during its turn around!!!
    This is already implemented in PSXseecon traffic! ... I change a live aircraft to a parked aircraft and put it at the exact gate spot and let it stay there forever... until a new live aircraft wants to depart from that gate, then it will be replaced.

From the Manual:
    "Other advantages of having parking positions defined for an airport is that it makes it possible to place departing livetraffic at parking positions at the right position with the right heading and to “promote” a live aircraft ending its session at a parking position to a parked aircraft instead of having it disappear. So even with percentage_parked=0 you may see some parked aircraft.
    Have you never noticed this?

Try this, set percentage_parked at 0 for your home airport. Start PSXseecontraffic and let it run for a few hours, you will see that the number of parked aircraft increases. If of course aircraft reach gates with transponder on.

Rgrds,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 03-21-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: suggestion on airplanes at gates

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just tried it and works perfect!!

I skipped that paragraph in the manual, or maybe I read it but did not understand it at the moment.

Just more amazed of your work,

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Hi Luis,

This is already implemented in PSXseecon traffic! ... I change a live aircraft to a parked aircraft and put it at the exact gate spot and let it stay there forever... until a new live aircraft wants to depart from that gate, then it will be replaced.

From the Manual:
    "Other advantages of having parking positions defined for an airport is that it makes it possible to place departing livetraffic at parking positions at the right position with the right heading and to “promote” a live aircraft ending its session at a parking position to a parked aircraft instead of having it disappear. So even with percentage_parked=0 you may see some parked aircraft.
    Have you never noticed this?

Try this, set percentage_parked at 0 for your home airport. Start PSXseecontraffic and let it run for a few hours, you will see that the number of parked aircraft increases. If of course aircraft reach gates with transponder on.

Rgrds,
    Nico