25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Skalarki + JH ACP/RMP Question

Hi All,

So I've configured ACP1 in Skalarki profiler, but it doesn't actually seem to do (literally) anything.

The VHF1 and MKR Pots are lit and audio is heard, but doesn't do anything when I press the any of the other buttons, no lights go on or off and no audio is heard on those audio channels.

i.e. I can't switch on VOR/ADF audio, or switch off VHF1/MKR audio.

Secondly,

On the radio stack I can't enable NAV modes (Manually enter VOR/ADF frequencies) they don't switch to the frequency ranges used for VOR/ADF and obviously, if I can't switch to them, I can't change them.

The configuration in Skalarki IO profiler 4 beta (IOP) appears to be correct and mapped to the appropriate JH functions, and the appropriate buttons and lights work on IO testing.

It seems as if the Function mapping isn't being passed to the FGMS but I have no way of testing this (that I know off)

As I've never actually had this working I don't know if this is normal operation but I assume that given all the great work JH has done on Audio panels recently this should be working as expected.

The other thought I had might be a limitation on the A320 model itself. Does it have those features in first place?

And should my ACP2/RMP2 be working as per life? At the moment when I tune say VHF2 on RMP2 to ASN 122.000 (local ATIS) I hear nothing, but it does work on RMP1.

Cheers

Edward
    Last edited by EdwardInBeijing; 03-21-2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: To improve clarity of questions.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Skalarki + JH ACP/RMP Question

Before anything else, make sure you know what the ACP is for, it has NOTHING to do with setting frequencies.

25+ Posting Member

Hey JH

Thanks for the reply. The question is in two parts. The first part refers to the AUDIO of the ACP, "i.e. I can't switch on VOR/ADF audio, or switch off VHF1/MKR."

the second refers to using NAV frequency selection on the RMP. "On the radio stack I can't enable NAV modes (Manually enter VOR/ADF frequencies)"

I thought that was clear. Apologies if not.

I've updated the question to hopefully be clearer.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

The NAV backup are not implemented, it has been asked multiple times so far.
    The ACP part works in my software. It is VERY possible skalarki hardware is not working correctly with these panels, please first ask Marcin to have a look at his profiler.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    The NAV backup are not implemented, it has been asked multiple times so far.
    The ACP part works in my software. It is VERY possible skalarki hardware is not working correctly with these panels, please first ask Marcin to have a look at his profiler.
    Ah great! that's what I needed to know. Nothing worse than pulling your hair out trying to make something work, when it's not actually implemented.

I'll have to dig deeper for the ACP problems.

Thank you, and really can't wait to test out the WX. I know a lot of people including myself were asking for that but I really didn't expect it. So, when you get round to it, I know it's not as urgent as the WX requests, but it would be pretty cool to have those radios working

Thanks a lot for your great work.