Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B47

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B47

Jean Luc would it be possible to bump a "patch version" number each time you update the installer? I think this will solve a few misunderstandings and make it more consistent. Much like what semver.org suggests, a widely adopted software packaging/distributing naming scheme.

It could be like:
    47.0.0->47.0.1 for fixing bugs, nothing else changes
    47.0.0->47.1.0 for adding minor functionality that doesn't break anything and is backwards compatible safe
    47.0.0->48.0.0 for adding major functionality that breaks/might break compatibility and/or requires some caution and/or advances the provided options a lot*

You're already doing this more or less, we just need the patch number too

*The last statement defers from the original semver proposal to be more consistent with how JH cycles are currently distributed

2. Likes OmniAtlas liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi all
    Question to those of you who have already made a "distributed" installation.

Do I really need an installation of the FMGS-software on the visual pc or is it ok to just copy the Aircraft- and WXR-folder onto it and to do the necessery entries in the cfg-files like simobjects.cfg etc?

Cheers
    Greg

10+ Posting Member

First, thank you very much JL for this very nice update!

Everything seems to work nicely. However, in my case I am unable to get the weather radar to work. Here is my setup:

PC 1: Running FSX and Jeehell FMGS Server
    PC 2: PFD, ND, E/WD, SD and Software FCU
    PC 3: Capt. MCDU and Overhead interface (this PC is a Windows-Tablet)
    PC 4: Active Sky 2016

I always install as an admin on every PC. I have shared the WXR-folder on PC 1 and I have mapped the correct folder on every client PC. I am able to read and write to that folder from every PC. Active Sky 2016 is working and is injecting the weather into FSX. I just installed the latest FMGS update and I am currently flying in severe rain with rain and thunder/lightning. I have also read the nice tutorial for setting up the network share and I couldn´t find that I had missed something.

No files are being written to the WXR-folder on PC 1. I have not installed Jeehell FMGS on PC 4 since it only runs Active Sky 2016.

When I turn on the WXR through the MCDU, the only thing that shows up on the ND is the tilt value of the radar. It varies depending on the pith attitude of the airplane. EGPWS is working and I can turn on and off Terrain on ND as I could before.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Isak

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Isak - can you try running AS206 on the same computer as the visual computer and see if that helps. Regards.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by emulov View Post
    First, thank you very much JL for this very nice update!

Everything seems to work nicely. However, in my case I am unable to get the weather radar to work. Here is my setup:

PC 1: Running FSX and Jeehell FMGS Server
    PC 2: PFD, ND, E/WD, SD and Software FCU
    PC 3: Capt. MCDU and Overhead interface (this PC is a Windows-Tablet)
    PC 4: Active Sky 2016

I always install as an admin on every PC. I have shared the WXR-folder on PC 1 and I have mapped the correct folder on every client PC. I am able to read and write to that folder from every PC. Active Sky 2016 is working and is injecting the weather into FSX. I just installed the latest FMGS update and I am currently flying in severe rain with rain and thunder/lightning. I have also read the nice tutorial for setting up the network share and I couldn´t find that I had missed something.

No files are being written to the WXR-folder on PC 1. I have not installed Jeehell FMGS on PC 4 since it only runs Active Sky 2016.

When I turn on the WXR through the MCDU, the only thing that shows up on the ND is the tilt value of the radar. It varies depending on the pith attitude of the airplane. EGPWS is working and I can turn on and off Terrain on ND as I could before.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Isak
    It's possible under FSX the simpatch module is not correctly installed, you may need to add it manually, it is required to have the WXR.

10+ Posting Member

With the simpatch module enabled the weather radar is now working! I had manually disabled the simpather because I was doing some flights with a small GA aircraft and FSX was always shutting down with an error. Now, with simpatcher re-enabled, I still get an error when shutting down FSX. But that is just a minor issue as long as the Jeehell FMGS suite works perfectly.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards,
    Isak

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jean Luc,

sorry for my bad english, but I have a problem since Beta 47.
    In my Home Cockpit I use four Computers. On all Computers the software starts automatically via Autostart Folder. With a little tool I can start every software in the right order delayed in seconds.

On the PC running FSX and FMGS Server, the order for start is starter.exe, Skalarki profiler and then FSX.
    This order is by the Situation that I use FSX in Full Screen mode. All Software must be startet bevor FSX is ready.

Since Beta 47, FSXConnect and HardwareConnect doesen't connect to FSX if it is fully loaded.
    After FSX is fully loaded I must Close starter an reopen it. Do you made any changes?

Include Version B46 all works fine

Do you have any idear or solution for my problem?

Thanks Dieter

it should be the contrary, start my software AFTER FSX.
    I am having some issues with simconnect, and I am trying to solve them. This may affect other parts of the simconnect connectivity...

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    it should be the contrary, start my software AFTER FSX.
    I am having some issues with simconnect, and I am trying to solve them. This may affect other parts of the simconnect connectivity...
    The same to P3D. First you need to start a Flight in P3D, then HardwareConnect connects to the modules on the clients.

150+ Forum Groupie

I had manually disabled the simpather because [...] FSX was always shutting down with an error. Now, with simpatcher re-enabled, I still get an error when shutting down FSX. But that is just a minor issue as long as the Jeehell FMGS suite works perfectly.
    I also have the same problem with P3D and B47 on shutdown. I always get a crash some several seconds after closing P3D (generally with P3D the main window disappears fast when closing it but the program runs in the background for a while until it goes). Maybe simpatcher's cleanup code is not realising resources on receiving the quit event.

I also some times get the same crash while starting P3D after the welcome screen that allows you to select aircraft, airport, etc. I have a default flight with jeehell pa320 loaded in a gate. If this startup crash happens once will keep happening until I change something (usually select another aircraft, another graphics profile, airport), even if it would be the same loaded on the default flight, just reselecting it will most of the times work. I even deleted my default flight and created another one just in case there was something wrong there but again with intermittent crashes on startup. I didn't bother confirming simpatcher is the culprit as it is relevantly a small nuance and I didn't see anyone else mention it before.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast