Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

More simconnect inputs

I am currently making a 737 PMDG overhead and I have ran out of simconnect inputs since the max is 25. Is there any way to overcome this since I dont want to buy FSUIPC and The simconnect inputs have so far worked beautifully.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: More simconnect inputs

You could run a second Link2fs in another folder.

Be warned you are increasing the probability that Windows COM drivers will drop the connection when swapping Arduino boards and then have to restart the computer etc. This may go away after you have finished writing the sketches.

Link2fs #1 - Arduino Nano running navcom1 on COM12 had existing EXPERTS SimConnect input for attitude bars.

Link2fs #2 - Arduino UNO running navcom2, ADF, & Xpoonder on COM5 had no existing EXPERTS SimConnect input from sketch. Tried to add code to adjust the true airspeed.

I got as far as both Link2fs SimConnect extractions and inputs (top line of buttons) working and Link2fs #1 accepting inputs to EXPERTS SimConnect. Then COM5 connected to Link2fs #2 started to identify the UNO board as a MEGA2560. Strangely, for a short period, Link2fs #2 communicated with the UNO board after the IDE would not upload a modified sketch to the UNO. Then as expected, COM5 failed after connecting and disconnecting Link2fs #2 Card two times.

Was this something that Jim was looking for help from Experts?
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

Can Jim not just simply add more simconnect inputs in an Expert expert version XD, I would be willing to pay since the only other option instead of offsetsis using FSUIPC and Offsets are working great.

150+ Forum Groupie

Sorry guys. I forgot that the UNO was moved to another project and a spare MEGA2560 put in its place. Cover the dual header with a piece of anti static envelope and a relay board and it kinda looks like an UNO. Go looking for trouble and you will find it.

The sketch with the EXPERTS SimConnects commands to adjust the TAS was uploaded to the MEGA2560 connected to Link2fs #2 and all inputs accepted by FSX.

I too would like to see an expanded EXPERTS SimConnect inputs even though there is only so much that you can add to a 4 seat trainer. As always, Thanks Jim.

For 24 additional SimConnect inputs, how about an Arduino Nano and three 74LS165 shift registers in series or parallel? Purchased some shift registers last month but have not had time to play with them.

This looks promising. http://dduino.blogspot.ca/2012/04/ar...-regsiter.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BushPilotWannabe View Post

Sorry guys. I forgot that the UNO was moved to another project and a spare MEGA2560 put in its place. Cover the dual header with a piece of anti static envelope and a relay board and it kinda looks like an UNO. Go looking for trouble and you will find it.

The sketch with the EXPERTS SimConnects commands to adjust the TAS was uploaded to the MEGA2560 connected to Link2fs #2 and all inputs accepted by FSX.

I too would like to see an expanded EXPERTS SimConnect inputs even though there is only so much that you can add to a 4 seat trainer. As always, Thanks Jim.

For 24 additional SimConnect inputs, how about an Arduino Nano and three 74LS165 shift registers in series or parallel? Purchased some shift registers last month but have not had time to play with them.

This looks promising. http://dduino.blogspot.ca/2012/04/ar...-regsiter.html
    Not sure what the first paragraph you were talking about was about, but yes an extra page of simconnect inputs would help out alot since 25 barely meets the needs of a full 737's cockpit.

Thanks.

can jim not just add more simconnect inputs?