150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2fs EXPERTS - Simconnect Inputs doesn't hate me after all.

This comes a great relief.

The pre-installed SimConnect Events found in place when the EXPERTS -Simconnect Inputs tab was pressed for the first time worked. Any new input would eventually fail and by the time to shut down for the night came nothing worked. Eventually used 'KEYS' or 'FSUIPC Commands' as a temporary solution.

Event in question: Adjust the position of the attitude bars on the artificial horizon. And naturally this instruction was placed in box 'Y01' which disabled any correct inputs to follow.

Procedure: Google "Event IDs - MSDN - Microsoft", download (print) as a PDF, then search "attitude bars". Find the 'Event I.D.' "KEY_ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_INC" in bold type, since I am attracted to the first and the brightest. Then remove the leading "KEY_" and paste what remaining into box Y01.

Problem: This is one of the few entries that the 'Event I.D.' less "KEY_" is not the same as the 'SimConnect Name' in the next column.

Solution: Try everything in sight when your first choice does not work and the entry in the 'SimConnect Name' column "ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_UP" did work.

While we are in the neighbourhood "TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_INC" works while "TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALIBERATE_INC" doesn't.
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Link2fs EXPERTS - Simconnect Inputs doesn't hate me after all.

EDIT. To say 'hates" is way to strong. Saddened that something resulting from so much hard work is being abused by a rank amateur might be more appropriate. Sorry Jim, My apologies.

This comes a great relief.

The pre-installed SimConnect Events found in place when the EXPERTS -Simconnect Inputs tab was pressed for the first time worked. Any new input would eventually fail and by the time to shut down for the night came nothing worked.

EDIT. ADD-- "Was sure that the frequent attempts to input bad code resulted in a corrupted configuration file and that 'Simconnect Inputs would have nothing to do with me for its own protection."

Eventually used 'KEYS' or 'FSUIPC Commands' as a temporary solution.

Event in question: Adjust the position of the attitude bars on the artificial horizon. And naturally this instruction was placed in box 'Y01' which disabled any correct inputs to follow.

Procedure: Google "Event IDs - MSDN - Microsoft", download (print) as a PDF, then search "attitude bars". Find the 'Event I.D.' "KEY_ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_INC" in bold type, since I am attracted to the first and the brightest. Then remove the leading "KEY_" and paste what remaining into box Y01.

Problem: This is one of the few entries that the 'Event I.D.' less "KEY_" is not the same as the 'SimConnect Name' in the next column.

Solution: Try everything in sight when your first choice does not work and the entry in the 'SimConnect Name' column "ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_UP" did work.

While we are in the neighbourhood "TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_INC" works while "TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALIBERATE_INC" doesn't.

10+ Posting Member

Hello BushPilot,

congratulations! - I today managed to get the customizable SimConnect Extractions and Inputs working for the first time, so I know how good that feels...

I managed to get the Flap commands as well as the much needed ADF1_RADIO_SWAP working. (Simply send "Y??1", the "?" being the number 01 ... 25 and do not check "Hex?")

How did you get ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_UP and ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_DOWN to work? Which string do you send from the Arduino? Is it Hex or not? I've tried Y01, Y010, Y011 both with "Hex" checked and unchecked and my creativity has now run out of permutations...

Grateful for every hint,
    Frank

150+ Forum Groupie

Good morning.

Experts --> Simconnect Inputs --> Y03 ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_DOWN hex box blank
    Experts --> Simconnect Inputs --> Y04 ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_UP hex box blank

Serial.println("Y031"); and Serial.println("Y04");

All entries in the table above lines Y03 and Y04 must work.

I have installed two copies of Link2fs v6f in difference folders. The second copy does not contain anything but the code currently being tested and placed at the top of the table. When working the code is then added to the 'flying" copy of Link2fs.

Hugh

10+ Posting Member

Hello Hugh,

thanks, it's working - but not with the ALABEO DA40. And that's the aircraft I debug with...

Kind regards,
    Frank

150+ Forum Groupie

You are so right. All my work has been on the default C172. Have only spent a little time getting acquainted with the Carenado C182RG and have not got enough of the panel together at any time to check this out. Carenado/Alebeo has a reputation for being user friendly. Hope they can offer a solution. FSUIPC paid attitude bars and true airspeed adjust does not work either.

Hugh