25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

AP disengaging without known reason

Hi,
    yesterday evening I was training touch and go on DUS/EDDL RWY 23L for 5 times. During the whole simulator session and during all phases of flight AP disengages by themself without any reason I can figure out. This problem I have since B46. The ECAM shows AUTO FLT AP OFF and the warning light and sound occurs. No other message in ECAM or STS / RCL. Then pressing AP1 button and AP engages. Sometime after a few seconds it disengages by a ghost's hand. So pressing AP1 button again. After some times, the pilot wins and the AP is for some times enabled. Then randomly, the show begins again, everytime, during climb, decend, cruise, land. But there is a small detail maybe. During some time in this session, I have disabled NAV mode and have controled the flight by operated SPD, HDG and ALT input on the FCU. During this mode, the AP has not switched off by themself. And on some session, this problem doesn't occur. All bin files in NAVDATA folder are generated new. P3D hotfix is also installed, also deactivated AS16 brings no calm.

I thought to have read that some other here have also the same problem. Maybe also a solution?

best regards, Frank
    Prepar3D v5, Jeehell Ware latest Beta, all Skalarki P&P Panels, Active Sky, ASCA

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: AP disengaging without known reason

Hi

It seems that I could root this issue to trim wheel movement. SOme hardware seem to either move the wheel too slowly, or not accurately enough. Do you use any hardware for the trim wheel? if so which manufacturer?

JL

25+ Posting Member

Thanks JL for your investigation.
    I'm using the Skalarki P&P Throttle Quadrant. I/O profiler should be up to date, check for updates is activated and a newer version was not announced.
    In my mind I do remember that Marcin wrote something about changes on the trim wheel settings. This could be the time when I updated the I/O profiler and Jeehell to B46.

best regards Frank
    Prepar3D v5, Jeehell Ware latest Beta, all Skalarki P&P Panels, Active Sky, ASCA

25+ Posting Member

JL,
    have made a test flight, problem still occures. Then back on ground I have disabled in Skalarki I/O profile "Autotrim". Refueling, take off and fligth - without any AP problems. So do I have to contact Marcin with the problem?

best regdars, Frank

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by digidax View Post
    JL,
    have made a test flight, problem still occures. Then back on ground I have disabled in Skalarki I/O profile "Autotrim". Refueling, take off and fligth - without any AP problems. So do I have to contact Marcin with the problem?

best regdars, Frank
    I need to make some tests before to make sure there is no bug from my side.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks JL, if you need any support or special tests, please don't hesitate to contact me.

best regards, Frank