Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

controlling servos with Pokeys57e

Hi all,

I'm new here, but not at all new to the flightsim world (though fairly new to the home cockpit thing, a steep learning curve for sure). I recently took over the tech lead for a sort of half baked sim project. I mean, the thing is flying, but there are still issues to be ironed out and functionalities to be implemented (the whole TQ motorization, it's a 737, is probably the biggest project ahead).

Right now I'm looking into how I can control RC servos to use for the stab trim and speed brake handle (and later on the throttle leavers and trim wheels). I would really like to use PoKeys boards exclusively. They an do so many things AND they connect over ethernet, which is a big selling point as I want to avoid USB at all costs (figuratively). But unfortunately ProSim, our Avionics suite of choice, does not support that (which I find a shame, but the programmers couldn't be bothered to implement that, even though there have been multiple requests for this feature in the ProSim forum). Is there a way at all to control a servo through a PoKeys board? I know that the board itself supports it, I have tested that and I can control it through the PoKeys controller software. But how can I send commands from P3D or ProSim to the servos through a PoKeys card?

Any pointer are much appreciated.

Cheers,
    AJ

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: controlling servos with Pokeys57e

Don't know if you have programming knowledge but this is the only way you can do this.

You will have to write a small software program to read the data from P3D and transfer it to Pokeys card. It can be done and there are some examples for connecting to PoKeys cards. They are freely available from poscope.com.

If you need more info please feel free to ask.

Other solution is to use Pololu servo controller, these work very well with ProSim

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

Thanks, Wendy.
    I have pretty much no programming knowledge, so I might look into it, but I think the I'm gonna go with Pololu cards. Even though that means to have USB connections in there... :/

Regards, AJ

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    ...read the data from P3D and transfer it to Pokeys card. It can be done...

Regards, Wendy
    Is this done with FSUIPC or SimConnect?

Regards