10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PSXseecon v3.8 and OCMcomm1

Hello Nico,

There seems to be a problem using PSXseecon v3.8 (both 32 & 64-bit versions) together with the OCMcomm1 unit.
    With this version the digits are not being displayed on the unit anymore. Everything else works (knobs & buttons).. just the display is missing.

A cross check with version 2.07 shows the digits without any problems so it seems that something has changed somewhere between 2.07 & 3.8.
    Unfortunately I don't have any other intermediate versions to try and track down exactly when the digits 'disappeared'. Sorry!

This is all using your 1_Digit.txt and RCP_L.txt files from PSXcockpit. Same files & setup... just the PSXseecon version is different.

Kind regards
    Simon

Edit: I've found a copy of and tried with v3.4 - the same problem occurs as with v3.8...

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: PSXseecon v3.8 and OCMcomm1

Hi Simon,

From 2.07 to 3.8??? Why do you guys wait so long before updating?
    I even have no records in my Release Notes of versions before 3.0...

Are you sure there should be something to see, I mean in PSX you see digits, don't you? There is no bus power issue?

I'm using the RCP_L.txt file for my COMM1 radio (self build, not Opencockpits) and see no problems.
    Problem is, that I do not have an OC COMM1 module.

I have to have a more closer look at the isuue.

[EDIT: did you update the SIOC file RCP_L.txt as well (from the latest PSXseecon version? ]
    Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 01-09-2017 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Nico,

It's not a question of waiting so long to update PSXseecon but rather that I haven't been using the unit until now so the problem was not apparent. I only tried v2.07 as I seemed to remember that the unit worked when I first got it at the time.

Yes, in PSX everything is visible and I can see the digits changing when I turn/push the knobs & buttons. It's only the displaying of the digits on the unit which has stopped working. I'm wondering whether there might have been a change of Qcodes somewhere but I'm afraid I don't know what I'm looking for.

The RCP_L.txt file is from a fresh PSXcockpit archive that I downloaded yesterday. It is dated 04.01.2015 and the header says it's for psxseecon version 1.3.2. I can't find a more recent version than this.

Sorry for being a nuisance!
    Regards
    Simon

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hi Simon,
    Quote Originally Posted by simbro View Post
    It's not a question of waiting so long to update PSXseecon but rather that I haven't been using the unit until now so the problem was not apparent. I only tried v2.07 as I seemed to remember that the unit worked when I first got it at the time.
    Oh I see, I jumped to fast to conclusions, sorry.

I think you should add this line to your RCP_L.txt script, does not matter where, put it right before Var 3022.

Code:
    Var 2092 Static
    That's all.

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 01-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Nico,

No need to apologize. I should have made myself more clear in the original post.
    I've always updated shortly after you release a new version.

Many thanks for the quick fix!! Adding the line of code solved the issue with the missing digits!

Kind regards
    Simon