Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from San Francisco

Hi all,

I just found this forum online and it is exactly what I was looking for. I have been playing MS FS for probably 20 years now. A couple of years ago I bought the Saitek yoke, I thought that was cool so I bought the throttle, loved that so then bought all the other controls. I realized that I needed something closer to the 737 so I bought the Goflight MCP and 737 replica throttles (last Summer). I decided ok, lets go for it all so bought the OpenCockpits overhead which I have racked in my walk in closet an then last month bought Open Cockpit's single seat MIP. It has taken me over a month now to get all the wiring done and I still have a lot more work to do. People ask me "why don't you get your pilot's license"? I always need to explain that its the building, and programming of the devices that is the most fun. Not necessarily the flying.
    Anyways nice to meet you all. I will be asking a lot of Opencockpits questions!

Daynas

500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello from San Francisco

Welcome Daynas,
    To this crazy hobby. You are right with what you say. Can't beat diy and also stimulates brain cells. Keep us updated with pics of your progress.
    Regards
    Les